PDA

View Full Version : mirrors and own reflextion....

Zoemum2four
26-06-2009, 08:39 PM
My 10mth old mindee love to look in mirrors and at their own reflextion they really loved looking into the front of my glass oven so i decided to make them a mirror wall what do you all think, they love it...... ( lots of kissing their own relextion) and my cat love it too.....

manjay
26-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Looks fab:thumbsup: Are they real mirrors?

Carol
27-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Brill idea xxxx

sarah32
27-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Is that the stuff Ive got Zoe??????

sarah707
27-06-2009, 05:11 PM
That looks like great fun!

I have just bought some butterfly and star mirrors and noticed the children enjoy blowing on them to make condensation.

Great for science experiments as well as discovering a sense of self :D

Zoemum2four
27-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Looks fab:thumbsup: Are they real mirrors?

Hi Manjay, Its plastic mirrors but very affective........and Sarah32 it is.......Ive also made some flowers/butterflys and hearts to put in the garden......My older mindee also liked the idea......

miffy
27-06-2009, 08:06 PM
They look great - where did you get them from?

Miffy xx

Zoemum2four
28-06-2009, 10:21 AM
They look great - where did you get them from?

Miffy xx

Hi Miffy

I got them from a warehouse, where u fill a trolley for £10.00 and u can get as much as u like within reason, but when i went, they where moving location and the bloke let me fill my car boot with as much art and craft stuff as i wanted for free :clapping: was well happy with that, but then when i got home needed to find somewhere to keep it all......:D

wellybelly
28-06-2009, 10:41 AM
wow wheres that (i mean which county)?

balloon
28-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Great idea, I bet the LOs love it :)

Zoemum2four
28-06-2009, 10:57 AM
wow wheres that (i mean which county)?

It was in wellingborough but not sure where it move too, the bloke said he would email me with its new location but have never heard anything, but i do know there is also mk play asscociation that also does the same sort of thing but that one has a yearly fee and some of the stuff u have to pay for......but well worth having a look around it u can... :thumbsup:

cherry pink
28-06-2009, 12:12 PM
i got some packs of hearts in different sizes and butterflies in diff sizes think they sometimes do stars aswell, for £1.99 per pack from home bargains. you just peel off the backing and stick to wall etc.
i've stuck mine on the doors of my metal shed outside, they've been up a good few months gone thru rain and snow and are still perfect..
one word of warning make sure you know exactly where you want them to go as once stuck they're staying lol

youarewhatyoueat
30-06-2009, 10:40 PM
You could try a really interesting experiment with the younger children, let them look in the mirror, then put a red mark on their nose, when they look in the mirror the younger children will touch the nose on the mirror as they don't realise that it is them, the older children will touch their own nose as they understand that they exist as an individual.

ZoeAlli
30-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Zoe, I think your mirror wall is great!! I have been looking for some of the plastic mirrors as I want to put some up in my outdoor area. I would also like to get some convex and concave mirrors too.
I have an expressions mirror ( has facial expressions down the side such as angry, happy, sad) which the children love. I have often caught the 3years+ children copying the facial expressions when they think noone is watching!! the younger ones like to get up close and kiss the mirror!!
I aslo have a mirror by the changing area with window stickers (paint your owsn plastic stickers egs flowers, butterfly) of various things on, the lo's point to them, starting a conversation and game!!

Zoe

miss mopple
01-07-2009, 06:06 AM
thats fab

This site is great for child safe mirrors for those of you wanting to do something similair

http://www.mungaimirrors.co.uk/

angeldelight
01-07-2009, 07:56 AM
They look great thanks for the ideas

Angel xx

Zoemum2four
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
You could try a really interesting experiment with the younger children, let them look in the mirror, then put a red mark on their nose, when they look in the mirror the younger children will touch the nose on the mirror as they don't realise that it is them, the older children will touch their own nose as they understand that they exist as an individual.

Love this idea will give is a go with mindees tomorrow :D

Zoemum2four
01-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Zoe, I think your mirror wall is great!! I have been looking for some of the plastic mirrors as I want to put some up in my outdoor area. I would also like to get some convex and concave mirrors too.
I have an expressions mirror ( has facial expressions down the side such as angry, happy, sad) which the children love. I have often caught the 3years+ children copying the facial expressions when they think noone is watching!! the younger ones like to get up close and kiss the mirror!!
I aslo have a mirror by the changing area with window stickers (paint your owsn plastic stickers egs flowers, butterfly) of various things on, the lo's point to them, starting a conversation and game!!

Zoe

Hi Zoe
Also love your idea about putting the expression faces down the side, someone today a cm group also recommended it to me......:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Zoe