PDA

View Full Version : msbradders

msbbradders
26-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi, have just joined childminding forum and have been reading your comments on the SEF, am just about to start mine, have got inspection next tuesday am scared I won't get it finished !!! as I don't really understand some of the questions. I only look after one little boy of 3, part time. Can't believe I have to do all this !!!!! what happens if they are not finished when you are inspected ??

Daftbat
26-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Don't worry if its not finished in time. Something is better than nothing in the eyes of the inspector - its an aid to inspection not a complete necessity.

Welcome to the forum by the way - hope you find the info as useful as i do

sue m
26-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi and welcome, the sef is a bit daunting, specially when you have a time limit but as Penny said, just do what you can and don't rush it, anything is better than nothing. :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum, It doesnt matter if you dont get it finished, just do as much as you can. Good luck with your inspection:thumbsup:

msbbradders
27-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks you for the encouragement, spent 7 hours on the SEF yesterday, nearly finished, I've never completed a form which is so repetitive. Not sure I've given the correct answers, I'm NOT doing it again that's for sure!!

zillervalley
29-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks you for the encouragement, spent 7 hours on the SEF yesterday, nearly finished, I've never completed a form which is so repetitive. Not sure I've given the correct answers, I'm NOT doing it again that's for sure!!

Dont worry I didnt have mine finished for my inspection, and mrs O I JUST SAID TO CONTINUE TO DO A LITTLE A MONTH you will be fine let the forum know how you get on , welcome to the forum by the way . ziller:)

Pipsqueak
29-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Sarah707 does a brilliant e-book for the SEF

msbbradders
06-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Well after hours of filling in my SEF it was worth it as it helped my inspection move along a lot quicker, even got an outstanding rating on half of the sections giving me a overall good rating, so am very happy!!!!!

Although my inspecter did say that doing the individual childs development and learning plans are not compulsory, which I didn't know.