PDA

View Full Version : School Holiday care fees

patevans
25-06-2009, 07:47 PM
If you have an after schooler that requires holiday care how do you charge them? do you just charge there normal hours then the extra hours that they do? I know of a childminder who charges a full time place which she classes as contracted holiday care hours regardless of if it is used during the school hols for each week they have off school, does anyone else do this?

Daftbat
25-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I would charge an after school rate which in my case is a minimum 2 hours during term time. In the holidays i would just charge hourly rates or daily rates depending on hours. Don't really see a problem - you can show all the different rates on the contract which covers you for anything.

FizzysFriends
25-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I have 2 that are term time and ad hoc in the holidays, they are just charged for the hours used in the holidays. I have another that definatly wants to same days all year round so is charged all day in the holiday even if not used.

I give them the choice when they sign, although if they go for ad hoc in the holidays I do make sure they fully understand I have lots of holiday only children so space isn't always available for them.

Deb
25-06-2009, 09:25 PM
I do term time contracts, full time contracts and ad hoc contracts - if the parent thinks they might want me in the hols they book me and pay my daily rate.