PDA

View Full Version : Care Commission Registration Visit - help!

sophiea
24-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi anyone from scotland who is registered please help! got Care Commission coming on Friday, only got notice today! What sort of questions will they ask me, and what are they looking for, does the house have to be totally kid proof or can I just say I will be purchasing cupboard locks etc when I get my grant through after registration? My house is near enough proofed for my 19 month old, but I dont have cupboard locks or those corner things you put on the coffee table etc, I just keep an eye on her, is this okay? help! thanks :)

Curly Quavers
24-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Is it your pre registration visit? If so then they are not looking at your house atoll at this point, it is simply a chance to run you through what will be required of you in your application pack and as a childminder thereafter.

If it is your final inspection to get registered then just do as much as you can and make a list of the jobs still to do and show your CCO then they will know that you have the intention to get the jobs done,

I hope this helps a bit.

Pudding Girl
24-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Hiya :) whereabouts in Scotland are you?

There's not grants in all areas so maybe check that one out, don't count on it!

Good advice from mfrancesmo there - it'll just be to let you know the process and what paperwork and training you'll need :)

sophiea
24-06-2009, 05:48 PM
hi all, its my final inspection, and been told we definitely get a £300 grant in this area. cheers!

Pudding Girl
24-06-2009, 06:13 PM
In that case if you tell them what you said that you still have stuff to get, then that should be fine.

Jealous of your grant though, we get diddly squat.

peanuts
24-06-2009, 06:33 PM
i would get the cupboard locks on befgore the visit, they are not expensive and it shows that you are already preparing for the vistit. They pulled me up on my cupboard locks at my inspection and i had to renew the ones that i had.

Gizmo
24-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I got cupbored locks from Ikea I had them fitted before my visit cos you want to get as much done so they really dont need to come back, on my 2nd visit I had to have the fore blanket fixed to the wall and a lock on gate between us and next door and that was all he had to come back for.
Good luck :thumbsup:

Curly Quavers
24-06-2009, 07:20 PM
i would get the cupboard locks on befgore the visit, they are not expensive and it shows that you are already preparing for the vistit. They pulled me up on my cupboard locks at my inspection and i had to renew the ones that i had.

This really shows how CCO differ I showed my CCO that I had moved all my cleaning products to a high cupboard and told him I had not intention on fitting locks and he was fine didn't push me on the subject atoll.