PDA

View Full Version : do she have the have

tammerisk
24-06-2009, 07:28 AM
if i had my mum as an assistant in the school hoildays but was never left in sole care of the children just to help me along as i will have between 7 and 10 children does she have to be first aider and crb cheack and if so can she use her old crb cheack from when she was a chiildminder (she gave up over a year ago and isn't registerd with ofsted anymore

Chatterbox Childcare
24-06-2009, 07:30 AM
She needs to complete the assistant forms - EY2 which will create the CRB forms and then you will need to get written permission from every parent and employers liability from your isurance company.

However, if she was responsible for over 8's I don't believe she would have to do any of the above.

rickysmiths
24-06-2009, 07:38 AM
if i had my mum as an assistant in the school hoildays but was never left in sole care of the children just to help me along as i will have between 7 and 10 children does she have to be first aider and crb cheack and if so can she use her old crb cheack from when she was a chiildminder (she gave up over a year ago and isn't registerd with ofsted
anymore

Hi there. Yes you will have to fill in form EY2 (it is in the free downloads at the to of the Forum) and when that has been sent off Ofsted will send a CRB form for her. It does ask on the form for copies of any current CRBs held though so they may accept one of those especially if they did it!!

I think I am right in saying if they are left alone they have to have a First aid cert but not if they aren't.

You will need to get Eployee Liabiliy insurance. I believe MM include it in their Pub Lib Ins but NCMA will issue one of £5pa.

What age are the children because I think if they are over 8 you may not have to do some of the above. I would phone Ofsted and check.

tammerisk
25-06-2009, 04:50 PM
thank you all i am going to phone as she might have to bring my neice with her two so not sure how that works with the insureence and numbers i am registered for to.

zillervalley
25-06-2009, 05:52 PM
you best check it out just to make sure and cover yourself and your mum

tammerisk
30-06-2009, 07:34 AM
ofsted say yay (over the phone) i need to apply for it and then a week later apply to have my nubers uped they said i can have up to double my numbers with my mum there but i not wanting that many but hay ho we will see just see what they give me don't mean i have to fill them all!!!!!!

and it ok for my mum to bring my two neices to as long as i with in my number and i don't go over my insured numbers. which with mm is 10 do NCMA insure you for more what is the max any compony will insure.

and so long as she not left unsupervised she can work before the CRB comes back and so long as she is not left unsupervised with any of the children then she don't need first aid