PDA

View Full Version : Had my Inspection Today

Debster
23-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi guys I finally had my inspection this morning it went well I got overall Good with outstanding in 3 areas (positive contribution,Leadership and management and inclusive practice) I was a bit miffed I didn't get one for safeguarding. Anyway I made a fatal error on a incident report when a child bit another I wrote the name of the biter on the form mrs ofsed that I should not do this for confidential reasons and that it may cause friction between parents? anyway I could kick myself for it but I just never thought about it at the time. I was writing it So do not make the same mistake as me guys. That was the only recommendation she said she could not fault anything else so I asked then why am I not outstanding and she repilied" you just have to do way above the norm" I asked her what that was she couldn't really answer she said she would have to see it. She never looked around my house to see my bathroom or first aid kit . Iam chuffed I got good but still feel deflated as she never really gave me enough feedback for improvement. She complemented me on my SEF and said it was very comprehensive so she only stayed 1.5 hrs so thankyou for your ebook Sarah.
Thankyou so much to all you guys I you have really helped me I will past in my report when I get it
Debbie

Polka Dots
23-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Well done. :clapping: I think I'll be investing in one of Sarah's SEF ebooks. :)

chewy sweets
23-06-2009, 03:54 PM
glad all went well!:thumbsup:

Hebs
23-06-2009, 03:54 PM
thats fantastic news hunni

misst104
23-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Im sorry to hear you are feeling a little deflated but I can understand. I personally will be overjoyed with a good if I get one but am not expecting anything better than that. Its a shame she couldn't give you more advice on what to do to improve to outstanding. It seems that there are alot of posts like yours :(

Anyway i for one would like to say WELL DONE as its a great result!!!!!

Hope you are feeling a bit happier now and that you will be celebrating the fact that its over with for another 3 years!! Drop of wine tonight perhaps??

Jo xxx

sarah707
23-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

I am glad my SEF e-book helped! :D

Celtic Star
23-06-2009, 05:45 PM
congratulations and well done:clapping:

Debster
23-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Thankyou all for you lovely posts of praise I now feel happier and I have got something to aim for the next 3 yrs.
Iam GOOD:thumbsup:

nell57
23-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Well done:clapping:

I know how you feel being deflated, I was when I had mine in Jan. I think it just feels like an anti-climax after all the hard work and then worrying you do before hand.

But celebrate with a glass or 2 and you will feel loads better, giving yourself a pat on the back:clapping:

ORKSIE
23-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Well Done:clapping: :clapping:

emler
23-06-2009, 06:38 PM
well done you :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
23-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Dont feel deflated good is a fantastic result, well done you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Gareth
xx

SandCastles
23-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Well Done Big Congratulations, I know the deflated feeling very well, but should be celebrating and getting on with enjoying your job, its the best job in the world.

I didn't finish my SEF and my inspector was here for 4 hours. Will def finish it and keep it updated for next time.

Carol
23-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Well done (I too would love to know what we have to do to show outstanding)

At least it is over now for 3 years :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

WELL DONE

Carol xx

newandlearning
23-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Well done..

now you don't have to wait in tomorrow and do this ..:ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:

but instead can go out tomorrow and do this.. :happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana: yah!!!

glad to hear all went well.xx

powerwomen
23-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Well done you should feel very proud of your self:clapping: :clapping:

The same happend to me and the inspector couldnt tell me either,:angry: :angry: I was upset aswell but in the the way you have to look it is its over for 3 years and we know we are all outstanding so why do we need Ofsted to tell us:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

:thumbsup:

Daftbat
23-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Fantastic result - well done you:clapping:

Keekee
24-06-2009, 06:48 AM
Well done, it's always a relief to get it over with, :) I love the feeling when you close the door on them, ;)

singlewiththree
24-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Thats a fantastic result you should be very pleased :)

nannymcflea
24-06-2009, 11:40 AM
thats fantastic news, well done you:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: