PDA

View Full Version : PRE REG INSPECTION!

chewy sweets
22-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I've got my pre reg inspection on the 8th july!:panic:
no idea on what to expect! Any advice??????

Daddy Day Care
22-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Its different depending on area and the individual inspector you get but when I had mine a few weeks ago I spent hours making sure every room was perfect not a speck of dust to be found, and then found myslef very dissapointed that she didnt even go in most rooms just poked her head around the door.

All she was really interested in was my paperwork and my knowledge of the eyfs. Asked lots and lots of questions, but was really friendly and if i wasnt sure of an answer she led me to it.

Try not to worry, easily said i know but they wnat you to register, they dont expect you to have everything ready. If somethings not right they will give you an action point to complete in a couple of weeks. I got 2 little steps to my back grass in my back garden, the smallest of drops but she wanted a fence put up along there so I did it.

Good Luck with it, im sure you will be fine

Gareth
xx

singlewiththree
22-06-2009, 10:27 AM
My pre reg inspector just had a quick look round and checked things like knives out of the way, cupboard locks, shed locked, gate locked etc

Then she mainly went through all the paperwork and ticked things off on her list. As long as you know what you will do even if you don't have something in place they are happy. She asked me a few questions about what activities would I plan for a certain age child and about inclusion and food.

Good luck

tulip0803
22-06-2009, 11:10 AM
I think you have the same insp coming out as I had.

She came in and we sat down and had a little chat and then she had a big form with questions that she has to ask you - a bit like a job interview - Why do you want to childmind? why do you think you would be a good childminder? How will you go about discipline? What will you do if you are asked to look after a child from a different culture? etc etc. A lot of it is in your policies that you handed in with your application so re-read those and the 21 standards before she comes:D . It wasn't hard or nerve wracking it was more like a conversation exept that she was making notes on a form IYSWIM.

She then went over the whole house to look for hazards not just the rooms that I was going to mind from. She asked questions and made notes too. She checked the cupborads & drawres for locks. She checked the bathroom & toilet to make sure all bottles of everything were put away. I asked some questions as I have an odd stair layout and wasn't sure where to put the top gate or if I needed more than one gate ate the top. Then we went outside to look at the garden.

Then when we came in she said she was happy to register me but first I would have to make 2 wording changes on my policies and send them back to her, and apply for my toolkit and insurance. When these came through I was to send her a letter and then get her manager to sign it all off and I would be registered.

Elena
25-06-2009, 12:36 AM
You'll be fine, I had mine today only got a weeks notice and spent that week in such a panic I couldn't think straight.

Mostly what people said above, def fill out your pre-reg visit booklet if you have it as they ask you the same questions and in that order. You're allowed to have that with you to prompt you.

It will feel more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Best Of Luck

Elena x

jibberjitz
26-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Lots of questions on Welfare requirements and EYFS :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

Ellies2009
29-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi,

I got asked lots about myself and previous experience, safeguarding and examples of activities that I would do to meet various different areas of the Learning & Development area of EYFS e.g. Personal Social and Emotional Development, Knowledge and Understanding of the World etc...

It was a lot easier than I thought and took approx 2 hours. After the talking we walked round the areas that I want to register and then she sat down and said "I am pleased to tell you that you are a suitable person" :clapping: :cool:

Best of luck - I'm sure you'll be fine x

Ellies2009
29-06-2009, 06:21 PM
You'll be fine, I had mine today only got a weeks notice and spent that week in such a panic I couldn't think straight.

Me too!! Butterflies were flapping around in my tummy so booked appointment at hairdressers before so felt good and didn't have too much time to get my knickers in a twist on the morning of the inspection ;)