PDA

View Full Version : Resignation letter

Gizmo
21-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I have just typed out my resignation letter for my boss, oh I feel a bit sad I have been there for 7 1/2 years and am desperate to start cm, think it must just be cos this is the final push no going back now, starting to feel real.My boss knows I am going but I dont think he belives I will actually go through with it. :panic:
Wish me luck for tomorrow, I will need to have a wee glass of red when I am watching Top Gear tonight to help me sleep.;)

chewy sweets
21-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I was in the same position as you. Worked with the company for 8 years and really enjoyed my job and everyone i worked with. I just couldn't bear to part with my little one. So i took voluntary redundancy whilst on maternity leave. The redundancies weren't even in my department but luckly they were looking to cut back so they gave it to me!!
Good luck and best wishes. I know it's scary but if it's something you want to do you've got to go for it!!
Best wishes!:thumbsup:

Allie
21-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Don't panic it's the best job in the world (most of the time)
I've been doing it since 1990

Allie

Zoomie
21-06-2009, 07:27 PM
I did mine a few weeks ago too.

I left it undated, as I didn't want to work the full 5 weeks notice that I was required to give, and I knew they were keen to drop their hours.

My boss sorted it out, and my P45 came through this week.

I felt a bit sad, but I am happy too. I love childminding :)

mumof1
21-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Dont worry to much, as you are moving on to a better stage of your life, working with children:)

I will have to do the same in a couple of weeks time, im sad to leave but very excited abt the future:D

Blackhorse
21-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I did the same thing...well I handed in my notice at the end of my maternity leave...I told them I wanted to work from home to be with my dd...they thought I was just saying it and were a bit gobsmacked when I handed in my resignation...( I wasn't even registered yet when I did this...madness!)

Anyhow, although I loved my previous job (mostly) it was not something I could have continued doing with a baby in the house..(I was a project manager in a finance company working on acquisitions and implementations in south east asia and astralia - amongst other things. Well and there was lots and lots of travel invovled...which was great but not something I was keen to continue with my dd around...couldn't leave her in a nursery for a day so what chance would I have had...)

Seriously though, it is always a bit sad to hand your notice in expecially if you have worked somewhere for a while...when I typed my notice I actually had tears in my eyes.....and still I haven't regretted it one day!! I am very happy about my choice of career and cannot wait to get my first mindee signed!

enjoy your glass of wine...C u tomorrow!! you can tell me how it when then!! although I am sure it will be fine!!:thumbsup:

Chell
21-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I need to do the same. I should be returning to work from maternity leave very soon but I have changed my mind. I meant to google for a sample resignation letter to use.

I feel awful as I originally said I would be back when DD was 6mths old. At that time we were waiting for test results for cystic fibrosis, etc to come back. That was my excuse for staying off longer - that I wanted to be sure she was ok and devote my time to her and her feeding. Touch wood, DD is fine but I am now not returning to work.

miffy
21-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Joy - you'll probably breathe a huge sigh of relief once you've handed it in

Miffy xx

Demonjill
21-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Good luck Joy.:thumbsup:

Its all very exciting.

I need to think about what im gonna do. My work has no idea im intending to leave. its very quiet there just now and ive already cut back my hours so that might soften the blow.

When i think about it though i dont remember signing a contract so no idea what notice to give:eek: