PDA

View Full Version : Buildings and contents insurance

sarah707
21-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Mine was with Ncma (Blue Fin) last year. Hidden away on page 2 of their renewal quote is the information that they intend to charge 8% for paying monthly from now on... so I won't be renewing with them! :panic:

I will get Morton Michel to quote and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for companies that insure for accidental damage for childminders please :D

misst104
21-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Didn't want to read and run but have no advice am afraid. Will be interested to hear from others though!

xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
21-06-2009, 08:33 AM
I am with Churchill and previously legal and general - both great and reliable

manjay
21-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I will be looking for someone new when mine runs out so very interested in this thread. I was very pleased with how my Homeminder paid out the first time but because we have had to claim for exactly the same thing again (genuinely) they have made us feel like fraudsters:angry:

TheBTeam
21-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Will be interested to see who does, I know that Abbey National do not, and this year we are finally able to shop around, we had to wait 3 years after our large claim from the Buncefield oil depot fire!

rickysmiths
21-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm with Churchill as well they have been brilliant and cheap and they do state in the paperwork that I am a childminder. Just a tip, go on line and get a quote before you ring them you may get a further discount if you do.

I had car insurance with Motorminder/Bluefin for a year, it was a nightmare. I have had car insurance since 1978 and I have never come across such a shambolic company I would never go back to them and am not sure why NCMA effectively endorse them.

I see they are now offering Travel Insurance :eek: if you want good travel insurance have a look at Nationwide.

sarah707
21-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I will look at Churchill, thank you guys! :D

Yes Ricky I remember you weren't impressed with Blue Fin, then when I saw the 8% extra charge for dd I thought enough, let's do a shop around.

christine e
21-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I have my contents with Zurich and they cover me for accidental damage

Cx

gigglinggoblin
21-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Brill, have just got a quote from churchill and it is less than half the price of my halifax insurance and includes double the cover for non accidental AND accidental damage which halifax refuses to provide. Thanks for the tip!

Jen4Kids
21-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Mine ran out yesterday so after reading on here, i got a quote from Churchill which was really good :thumbsup:

aly
21-06-2009, 01:09 PM
OURS IS WITH DIRECTLINE

cs01
21-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I recently renewed my home insurance with Direct Line. It specified childminding was covered when I went through the online application. I have accidental damage as well. I also have car insurance with them as they cover me for business use for no additional charge.

The Juggler
23-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm with Liverpool victoria for home and annual travel. Monthly that costs me £43 over 11 months of the year (I'm in the South East). no restrictions on numbers of children minded or what is damaged.