PDA

View Full Version : Overlap???

andiehanratty
20-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I was browing details on the site and I found a thread about overlaps it was a suggestion that a childminder could get a variations on her registrations to hsave more children during an overlapp Ie if she had 3 children in her care and one was leaving at 2pm but had another arriving at 12 she would then have 4 children in her care for two hours. Is this how it works and how long can overlapping periods be for.

I am looking for an assistant at the mo to releive a similar situation means I would have an extra child for 2 hours a day three times a week.

Has anyone had premission to do this from ofsted???:idea:

rickysmiths
20-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes depending on the circumstances Ofsted will grant variations for this. They may also grant a Variation to have 4 under 5s all day. I have had this for 2 days a week for 18mths now and they, in the last 14 days have extended this to 5 x10 hour days a week to cover a sibbling.

I think you just ask and write a short letter expaining what you want, for whom and when. Also how you will cope with the extra in terms of room in your home,sleeping, what buggies and car seats, and the toys and other resourses you have.

TheBTeam
20-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I was advised that there had to be an element of continuity of care or siblings involved. i.e, maybe you have had two children that have not needed care at the same time, ie two part timers, but due to a change in their circumstances they now need to overlap slightly.

Or you have been asked to care for a sibling of an existing child and this gives you an overlap.

I am not so sure that they will give it to you just to allow you to take on more business, otherwise all childminders would be trying it, cos more children equals more money!