PDA

View Full Version : First aid kit

Emmylou75
20-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I have my pre reg inspection next week so need to get my first aid kit!! How big does it need to be? I've seen ones which are basic HSE kits costing about £8 and then the delux ones with lots in cosing £30!! Which one should i get? I dont want her coming and saying the basic one is not good enough, then again I dont want to spent £30 when there is no need.

Any advice welcome
Emma x

chewy sweets
20-06-2009, 01:05 PM
NOt sure if this helps but i was given a list recently of what should be in my first aid box and how many of each thing you need.
1 guidance leaflet
20 plasters
2 eye pads
4 triangular bandages
1 6 pack of safety pins
6 medium sized dressings
2 large dressings
1 pack of disposable gloves
1 pack of moist wipes.

As i said hope this helps in some way.

sweets
20-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I got one from tesco about 6 months ago it was £7-8, it did have scissors in which i took out and inspector said it was fine:)

geordiebunny
20-06-2009, 08:08 PM
when I had my visit from childcare services she just looked at box and commented on colour(it's blue) and didn;t even look inside. Got it from ebay but did say that once am ncma member will be getting theirs but couldn't afford it right now. Mine has same contents as katieskatie and I must remember to take plasters out before my inspection.

Willowdancer
20-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I bought the NCMA one - its only about £11(?) and seems to contain everything mentioned on my first aid course :)

Daddy Day Care
20-06-2009, 09:03 PM
At my pre reg inspection the inspector asked if I had a first aid and that was it, didnt ask where it was or what was in it. I spent £10 on mine and im sure it has everything thats needed.

Gareth
xx

sophiestars
20-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I didn't have my first aid kit at my pre-reg visit because I knew they sold them at the first aid course I was going on after my visit. Inspector wasn't bothered. You don't have to have everything in place, when I look back now I had hardly anything - RA's, 1st aid kit, fire blanket, etc etc but as long as you can show her that you know what you need that should be fine. Just make a 'to do' list so she can see you are planning ahead.

ORKSIE
20-06-2009, 10:34 PM
My first aid kit is fully stocked, when I had my inspection Mrs Ofsted didnt ask to see it, didny even ask if I had one:)

Emmylou75
23-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies! I bought one from Tesco and have added to it, just need to buy a better container for it. She's coming tomorrow at half 12 so wish me luck!!!!!:eek:

geordiebunny
23-06-2009, 07:03 PM
ohh good luck my inspector rang early this morn to change from 2nd july to 1st