PDA

View Full Version : help please i want to set minimum hours of care i have

nadmaj
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi ya,

I want to set a minimum of number of hours a chikd attends for both part time and full time and i'm not sure how how much the right amount is - i've noticed a few people have this and i want to make sure that i'm not over setting or under setting and would like help on working it out.

I've done part time hours as min of 4 hours a day so if they came for 2 days i'd have 8hrs obviously is this enought or should i set session rates for part timers which might make it easier.

All help would be appreciated and plase send me some kids/childmimding fairydust luck ( i don't have any yet)

LittleMissSparkles
05-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I have set a minimum for school aged children of 4 hours a week at 3.50 an hour. Hope that is of some help to you....lol probably not though sorry :)

manjay
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
My minimum is 2 hours per child per day! Not sure about session rates as I don't do them.

Amanda xx

angeldelight
05-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I never childmind for less than 8 hours a week it is just not worth my while

I usually find if someone wants less than those hours it is something silly like only 4 hours or something - it is hardly worth it

So I do not mind for less than 8 hours

I have lots of children who do 5 hours a week with me - some for a whole day - some every day after school for that total amount of hours

But I charge them all for 8 hours

When they call and ask advice I explain this to them on the phone BEFORE they come and see me

I have never ever had one parent turn me down or question it and I have been doing it for a while now

Your business your rules - do what you want to do

Good luck

Angel xx

Banana
06-12-2007, 09:12 AM
I agree with Angel.

I will contract a minimum of 5 hours a week though. Luckily all my mindees do over this anyway but if someone wanted just 2 hours It wouldnt be worth the extra hassle of paperwork etc... for the sake of £7.

Its your business so you can do what makes you happy!

x

oakie dokie
06-12-2007, 01:00 PM
i had never thought of doing minimuim hours, i know some cm around here charge a minimuim fee of £10 per day? one to think about.:idea:

samw
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
For children not attending school I do a minimum of 4 hours per day. For school kids I do not have a minimum amount of hours they have to be here but a set charge regardless of if they are with me for 1hr after school or the max of 3hrs otherwise its not worth doing ie, I have a little boy who comes to me 3 days per week after school but only for 1hr each day, I charge the same for him as anyone who collects their child at 6pm. This is explained to them before contracts are signed etc. This works for me but perhaps not everyone.

Sam x

Twinkles
06-12-2007, 02:37 PM
The only minimum charge I set is £10 for after school care - if they're there for one hour or three they pay £10. I've recently taken on a baby for two hours on friday morning and i'm beginning to regret it! It's not enough time for him to settle and i lose my only morning off for £10!!
Luckily after Christmas mum has been offered a part time job and needs me to mind him longer hours.

jmoff
08-12-2007, 12:39 PM
...I have 10 hours min/week ...

Had a mum who wanted me to do 2/3 half days but had to turn her down as it was a 1 year old and not sure if Id get a child for the second half of the day...

jus
20-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi, I charge £21.00 a full day and the same for half day's, as you may not be able to fill the half day's, I only have too boy's at the moment one has just started nursery 12.30 to 3pm might not get anyone for the 2hrs when he's at nursery. :) Jus

Lincsminder
20-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I have minium of 10 hours a week. I have just let one go because her hours gradualy went from 15 to 4 and I never knew which day untill sunday night, this was very frustrating.

LittleMissSparkles
20-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I have just changed mine policys to a minimum of 10 hours a week too x