PDA

View Full Version : Accreditation planning HELP

childmind04
19-06-2009, 09:10 AM
We are being assessed next week for the network to become accredited (myself and another cm), we met with the nursery teacher today and she has just ripped are planning to shreds and has said she cant see how a cm can become accredited when we need to look after babies, do school runs etc. We explained wwe know the childrens routines etc and would be able to work around it :) i think we got that one through to her.

The next bit was weird, she said we needed to split the room up to incoperate messy play, jigsaws etc now we both only use dining room, living room and outdoor area as our main rooms and we both plan around what the children want to play with or do, plus add a few activities in the mix, but she said WE need to select only a few things and they need to be out all day so the children have open ended play, we both expained that the dining room is also eating area and if we leave paint out all day you will be constantly cleaning and having to watch the toddlers/babies. She said we need to show our daily planning better and by giving the children access to all toys is not planning and they might just pick the same activity everyday, we did explain that is where we input but she wants it more child led, she suggested we have a book of photos which i have of toys but she wants it split into learning, and only give the choice of a few things, this too me is not child led if we are offering them photos :panic:

Is anyone still with me lol

Is their any planning formats that someone could show me that covers funded children and younger ones, i am currently really doubting my ability to be able to offer this but i know many of you do, have you got any tips?

Thank you
Susan

Chatterbox Childcare
19-06-2009, 09:24 AM
I think that this is absolute rubbish. Have confidence in what you have done and you will be fine.

For my accreditation I had to show that I could deliver the areas of learning (this was the foundation stage)

My advice to you is to show your assessor what you have done and let her give her feed back. Nurseries have to see that we are able to deliver the same outcomes as them but we do it in a different way,

Good luck with it

manjay
19-06-2009, 09:27 AM
How incredibley unhelpful:( . I don't have planning to share as I am a little further behind on the process to you but I have met with my Early Years advisor and she sounds completely different to yours. We are very lucky in that our County tries to follow the ethos of the Welsh Assembly government in that parents should have a wide choice where to send their children. I plan to fit these sessions into my normal day, so say after lunch when the tinies sleep that will be my designated 2 1/2 hours. Don't understand why you would need to do it for the whole day!

angeldelight
19-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I find her comments very negative and a bit cheeky to be honest

How rude is she!

You an outstanding childminder who knows what she is doing so be confident in that and carry on with what you are doing

Good luck

Angel xx

childmind04
19-06-2009, 09:34 AM
You would not believe some of the rubbish she came out with, she said we could not cover the letters and sounds program by singing, chanting etc on our school run we need to sit downand have circle time to do it!!

Also we have only just been told to do a thing called SEAL although i know nothing about it!!!

Susan

sarah707
19-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Seal is for reception and year 1 at school... you cover it with Eyfs as personal, social and emotional development.

You know how to use the Eyfs to plan appropriate activities... child initiated planning is core to the Eyfs so I am not sure what she is talking about.

I would wait and see what she says next - how silly :rolleyes:

Polly2
19-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I think she sounds a bit prejudiced against cms! Like nursery is the best...

Your planning sounds fine - don't worry about her you sound like you are doing a terrific job :thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
19-06-2009, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;453237]Seal is for reception and year 1 at school... you cover it with Eyfs as personal, social and emotional development.

QUOTE]

Agree with Sarah on this one - never heard of SEAL for preschool and was under the impression that it was a primary school PSE tool. Certainly wasn't covered for preschool on the training I went on.

childmind04
19-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Just been sent some more info on it and we will do SEAD which will be inspected (not sure by who) and the SEAL will be the outcomes ready for reception!!!

Sarah we have had a few meetings with her and the planning is getting no where, she wont come out of her nursery setting head and cant seem to see we can provide a good setting to cover funded children :(

Been playing with bits this morning and will do more over weekend, the other cm has just had her call today so bless her she now has inpsection next week too, so i want to try and get this sorted for us :panic:

ORKSIE
19-06-2009, 01:25 PM
When I was assessed I had to choose an activity for the children to do( I chose baking) I had to make a plan of what the chilgren were going to do. Included any safety issues and explain what areas this covered in EYFS.:thumbsup:

childmind04
19-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Wish that was what we were doing, we are to attend the childrens centre together with our mindees where an activity will be set out and we are to take over :eek: