PDA

View Full Version : eyfs

Baildon bears
18-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Im really struggling with eyfs, im doing lots of observations ofsted told me i was to random, how do you make sure you are covering all areas of learning, i do a lot of child led activites and do observations from these, my planning is all over the place, i have loads of ideas and am very creative, but just find it hard to sit down and plan, have so many ideas dont know where to start.

baildon bears:blush:

christine e
19-06-2009, 06:31 AM
If you link your obs to the area of learning you can then identify the areas you are not covering and then make plans to provide activities the cover the areas of learning for which you have gaps.

Cx

Pipsqueak
19-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Sarah Nevs e-books are brilliant and very helpful!

sarah707
19-06-2009, 06:53 AM
The trick is to use the Eyfs...

First you decide through observation the age and stage of the child within the Eyfs.

Then you look at the areas within each and decide what the child is doing to meet them...

You are not ticking them off... you are looking for evidence of achievement and of progression.

Hth :D

Daftbat
19-06-2009, 12:20 PM
If you are making obs from child led activities then i would start by doing some individual planning for the children based on what you have seen they like to do from the obs.

Once you have done that you can work out what the next steps for that child would be.

E.g if the child loves to get the train track out for you to put together and then run the trains around it then you could move this forward towards getting them to build the track themselves.

Once you have an individual plan for each child you could compare them and see if there are any topics which ,might interest them all and hey presto you have something you can do some monthly planning for.

Baildon bears
19-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you all, very helpful. Hannah:)