PDA

View Full Version : Rising Fives again (sorry)

Pedagog
17-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Just been reading another forum (:blush: Sorry Pauline), and stumbled upon this thread (http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childminders_nannies_au_pairs_etc/756067-CMs-39-Rising-5-39-clause-on-Ofsted-registration-certificate) about rising fives.

Any body know anything about this?

balloon
18-06-2009, 06:16 AM
I've got that written on my reg certificate too. It was just on there when my new one came through after my inspection, I didn't ask for it or anything.

I don't think you need it, in fact I'm sure you don't because at my inspection I was minding a 'rising 5, and 3 under 5s and it was fine (I had already emailed ofsted to check the rules for rising 5s so I knew I was ok anyway)

I expect its just something they are putting on new cert's to stop the confusion re rising 5s...

Hope that helps

Nicky
18-06-2009, 06:34 AM
So am I right in thinking that a 4 year old in full time education does not count in your under 5 numbers, so I could look after her during the holidays as well as my 3 under 5's, as long as I dont exceed my 6 under 8 year numbers?

Hope you understand that!!!

Nicky

sarah707
18-06-2009, 06:48 AM
So am I right in thinking that a 4 year old in full time education does not count in your under 5 numbers, so I could look after her during the holidays as well as my 3 under 5's, as long as I dont exceed my 6 under 8 year numbers?

Hope you understand that!!!

Nicky

Yes that sounds right to me

Best email and double check as you will need your certificate changing -

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

They don't make it easy do they? :rolleyes:

miffy
18-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I think this new clause on certificates is Ofsted's attempt to clarify the situation with rising 5's and it's being added to new certificates as and when they're issued.

Miffy xx

sonia ann
18-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I think this new clause on certificates is Ofsted's attempt to clarify the situation with rising 5's and it's being added to new certificates as and when they're issued.

Miffy xx

this is how i understood it....i dont believe we need to panic to get our certificates changed quickly ...it will come about in due course:)

Mouse
18-06-2009, 08:41 AM
I had a new certificate in January (as mine got chewed up in the laminator!) and it doesn't have anything about rising 5s on it.
I was inspected in March, but didn't get a new certificate as none of the conditions had changed.

I'm wondering now if I'll need a new on in Sept when I will have a 4 year old in full time education?

Pedagog
18-06-2009, 08:46 AM
My new certificate dated 15th May doesn't have it on:( not fair.

samd35
18-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi

My son will be starting school Jan 2010. I applied to Ofsted for variation to care for 3 under 5's from next Jan.

That is what they will be putting on my new certificate once I get it in December, I have had this in writing from them.

Sam x

rickysmiths
18-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't think it has to be on your certificate because Childrens Schools and Families (Ofsted's Boss) announced the details last autumn saying that we could all do this.

My cert was changed in Oct and doesn't have it on. I have just got another variation so another new cert is winging its way to me. I will be interested to see if it on this one.

I already have a two page cert, I don't want a three page one :eek: Do you think I could claim on my expenses for a new wall to be built to take all the notice boards? :laughing:

sarah707
18-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Do you think I could claim on my expenses for a new wall to be built to take all the notice boards? :laughing:

What a good idea! :clapping:

Let us know if your new certificate says anything different please :D

MissTinkerbell
18-06-2009, 05:17 PM
I had a new certificate in January (as mine got chewed up in the laminator!) and it doesn't have anything about rising 5s on it.
I was inspected in March, but didn't get a new certificate as none of the conditions had changed.

I'm wondering now if I'll need a new on in Sept when I will have a 4 year old in full time education?

I was inspected Nov and didn't get new cert either. You will need new one - I rang them last week and was told had to apply in writing as I will be having a 4 year old full time schooler from Sept.

FizzysFriends
18-06-2009, 05:33 PM
They have just sent me a new certificate, no idea why, maybe its to add this on? Its in car (had to collect from PO) so will go out and check it.

misst104
18-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I had forgotton about getting this sorted out but must really get on with it. My ds1 starts in full time school in Sept but is not 5 until Nov. I have taken on 2 girls who will make up my numbers (alongwith ds2) so I need to phone Ofsted tomorrow. So many things to think about. My head is ready to explode :panic:

xxx jo

Pedagog
22-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Okay thank you all.