PDA

View Full Version : first income..

Blackhorse
16-06-2009, 12:27 PM
well I received my first cheque today.:clapping: :clapping:

I don't have any mindees yet but I am getting a retainer fee for 6 weeks from the local council to keep a space open for them in case they need it (which they said in the summer they rarely do) It is part of a scheme that helps get parents back into work through courses etc, wo while they are on the course the children get sent to the cm's...

Anyhow, this is my first income as childminder!!! Wohoo!

I guess I better start doing my accounts. I kept all my receipts for starting up things...so need to figure out how to enter it all in my lovely SCMA attendance and accounting book!

Curly Quavers
16-06-2009, 01:21 PM
That's great well done!!!

How do you get in touch with these people in the council I think I would try and find out if our council do the same kind of thing.

Blackhorse
16-06-2009, 02:49 PM
through the scma childminding co-ordinator.
We got a letter and also told about it at the induction training.

You need to qualify for it though...I.e. have a dependable child, earn no more than x...that kind of thing.
but if you do it is great.
I had quite a lot of my start up expenses paid (around £500), plus the retainer fee for 6 weeks, first aid training and book...

so find out if there is anything in your area like this!
good luck

Alibali
16-06-2009, 07:10 PM
That sounds great, I've never been offered anything like this! Need to look into it, do you have a contact or was it just Lorna?

Gizmo
16-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I will see Lorna on Thursday I'm going to see if I qualify.
Are you going to Scheme of Excellence course on the 20th June

Blackhorse
16-06-2009, 09:30 PM
hi joybells,

I thought the scheme of excellence information evening was on the 22nd? If so yes I will go!

Ali,
My contact is Jaqueline from roots to inclusion (formerly known as working for families)

http://www.childminding.org/contact-us/regional-staff/south-west-team

angeldelight
16-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Lucky you

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

Demonjill
16-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Thats fab Nicole. Lucky you.:clapping:

Alibali
17-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for that Nicole:)

Blackhorse
17-06-2009, 12:22 PM
no problem. :thumbsup:
Although I think it might just be support to get registered but give Jaqueline a call and she will be able to tell you exactly what is on offer!

Alibali
17-06-2009, 12:27 PM
no problem. :thumbsup:
Although I think it might just be support to get registered but give Jaqueline a call and she will be able to tell you exactly what is on offer!

Aha! I see, that will explain why I know nothing about it. Oh and I saw one of your flyers in the co-op! It looks great, really eye catching and in a perfect position for those waiting in the post office queue:)

Blackhorse
17-06-2009, 12:29 PM
thanks!! only just put it up a few days ago...
so you must live quite close to me then!! lol

I am thinking of putting the poster up in a few other places as well, but some supermarkets don't let you put up your own poster, they have tiny pieces of paper stuck to the wall and I am not sure anyone would see them...

Tatjana
17-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Wow, sounds like great work if you can get it, lol!

Well done you:thumbsup:

xx

Gizmo
17-06-2009, 06:53 PM
is it 22nd ok I will be there too, will hopefully get more of a chance for a bleather this time:thumbsup:

Blackhorse
17-06-2009, 07:01 PM
is it 22nd ok I will be there too, will hopefully get more of a chance for a bleather this time:thumbsup:

oh definately...I'll keep a seat free beside me...:D