PDA

View Full Version : Children with Allergies/Specific Dietry Requirements?

Katherine
16-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi, I have my inspection tomorrow! Just doing my booklet, with regards to Children with Allergies/Specific Dietry Requirements I have put in my policy that any children with Allergies/Specific Dietry Requirements need to bring their own food. Do you think this will be seen as unfair as I put this in as I don't want the responsibity and hasstle of making different foods for 1 child or I am completly wrong do you think?

sarah707
16-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I say that if I cannot provide food for special dietary requirements because eg parents get it on prescription or there are serious concerns about cross contamination in the kitchen, then I will ask them to bring their own.

However, if it's just a matter of providing soya instead of cow's milk or not cooking with meat, then I am more than happy to be inclusive and ensure teh child eats the same looking food as all the others.

It is important for children to have similar things on their plates or they can get very resentful. It is also important for Eyfs that we are seen to be inclusive.

I hope this helps :D

chewy sweets
16-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Just a quick
GOOD LUCK!!!!
For your inspection tomorrow!:thumbsup:
Hope all goes well! Let us know how it went.