PDA

View Full Version : DHC unit 4

Kalila
15-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I've read some great threads here on this whole course.
Anyone of you lovely ladies like to help me as I've just started on unit 4.
It seems that their is a few on here that are willing to help each other out so any volunteers please??????

I've nearly finished this unit but would like some more inspiration?
Especially on the A,B,C,D on getting those all important 15 marks.
Explain the importance of respecting and valuing different family structures?
Explain how and when the practittioner should breach confidentiality?
Analyse the benefits of home based childcare- would like to do a spider chart for this anyone got one saved I could use??
Evaluate the concept of working in partnership with parents?
Anyone set the answers out differently - table/chart etc????

Also anyone recommend any good references/books for this unit?
Sorry I'm asking alot, but just want some ideas on what to put to gain those extra points, just want to make sure I'm covering everything really!

Thank you very much xx

sdean
15-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi, I got an A for this unit - I havent got time right now but I will come back to you with details - I will dig out what I put and give you some help. I am on Unit 2 now on the last Assignment - only got Unit 5 then so can see some light at the end of the tunnel. Are you doing it through NEC or college?

Kalila
15-06-2009, 01:32 PM
we have it funded via the council - NCMA.
Thanks very much for the help really appreciated. x

sdean
16-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Right - here goes - hope this makes sense!

(B) - Analyse the benefits - I went through the things that are a plus that we as home based carers have that are not necessarily there in other settings - flexibility, continuity, local to home, work in partnership with other settings.Routines are followed to their personal requirement.

(A) Evaluate - I hate these ones - basically I went what partnership means and how I work with them to seek the best for their children. That is is a requirement of EYFS. Explain the importance of working with them not against them and the value they have in that they are the first educators to their children and how they want it to be is within our powers how we should do it.]
Give examples of how you put the theory into practice - daily diaries, profiles, handovers at both ends of the day.
Important of consistent care - particularly at times when you are dealing with an issue such as behaviour - carries on consistent approach at home and in setting.

(D) - explain Local Safeguarding Children guildlines and procedures of how and when to contact them and when you should go straight to social care without consulting the parents.

hope this helps but if you need any more help just PM me x

Toothfairy
17-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I have PM'd you with some help and advice.

Kalila
17-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks very much to both of you :)xx