PDA

View Full Version : Just a quickie

son77
15-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Next week Im having mindee slightly different hours due to mum having a job interview.

Mum asked to swop full day weds for full day tues instead. I said this was fine, but then remembered that I got a hospital appt for my son at 4pm that day. Mum said thats ok, grandparents will pick up at 3pm (as thats when I leave for school run then will go straight upto hospital).

Then on the weds I will have mindee whilst mum at interview, which is at 9.30am. Mindee will be dropped off at 8.30am though as I have the school run to do & won't be back in time for mum to drop off later. I will just wait then until mum returns.

How do I charge? Normal rate for the tues as it's not my fault day needs changing & I can only work until 3pm? On the weds, all the hours whilst mindee with me or forget this because of shorter day on the tues?

Gut feeling is to charge just as normal with the extra hours req on weds.

Is this unfair?

deeb66
15-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I would

I don't do swopping of days as it were so if it was me she would have had to pay me all day for the original day.....plus the extra that I had the child on the Tuesday.

Therefore you are effectively doing it cheaper iyswim

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Sounds fair to me! :D

miffy
15-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree with Dee that's what I would do so she is getting a good deal

Miffy xx

son77
15-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks girls.

I shall then charge all day tues & all hours used on weds.

She got a bargain!!

son77
15-02-2008, 04:33 PM
PS I gave mum letter re increase fee's yesterday so I'll have to wait & see if she mentions this on Monday. I hate talking money!

jo hawkins
15-02-2008, 04:48 PM
if i swap days i just charge my usual fees