PDA

View Full Version : Working with Nursery - Activity ideas

Zoomie
13-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Hiya

I am starting to feel out of my depth.

Next week mindee shall be building a ship at nursery (they have a pirate / travelling theme at the mo) and I would like to do something that obviously supports it. Nursery sent a note home asking for materials, with speical emphasis on what will make the ship waterproof.

Now I obviously don't want to repeat it, so was looking for some ideas to compliment it.

Some ideas I've had are:
We could talk about waterproof clothing (raincoats, wellies, hats etc), and perhaps make a stick priate who has waterproof clothing on.
We could do something about different items floating / sinking ?

Am I on the right track ??? and can anyone suggest additional things we might be able to do ??

sarah707
13-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes I think you are on the right track with what you are planning!

Keep it simple ... you could also do experiments with hot and cold and adding ice...

BUT only do it if the child is interested.

Don't feel you must force the issue if the child wants to run around the garden or do something completely different :D

miffy
13-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Some pirate dolls here

http://makingfriends.com/friends/f+pirate.htm

Miffy xx

avril
14-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Draw a picture of a pirate and play stick the patch on the pirate ( a play on pin the tail on the donkey).

I've done this and the children loved it!!:D

manjay
14-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Draw a picture of a pirate and play stick the patch on the pirate ( a play on pin the tail on the donkey).

I've done this and the children loved it!!:D

My children love this idea too and they want to adapt it to every theme we have. I am just making a pin the astronaut on a rocket:D

Zoomie
14-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Awww, thank you for these ideas, :) and also letting me know I am on the right track.:blush:

Have a long way to go though.:blush: :blush:

zippy
15-06-2009, 06:47 PM
my little girl came home from nursey the other day with a little boat they had made out of a washing up sponge, just cut out shape and stick other bits on top to make sail etc, they did a sink or float exercise using it