PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

carla
11-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi
I have just started childminding, and am a bit mixed up with a few things.

I have a 4 yr old boy that likes to play on his own, he plays with the garage and cars for hrs, he plays with the train set and farm that i have too. I only started looking after him last wk.and next week he is coming all week. What do i do, i cant just sit next to him looking at him all day, i know i cant get on with things ie housework, just seems a waste of time me just sitting around. I asked him if he wanted to go to the park-no-to a music class- no!He just loves playing with the toys i have. I guess the novelty will wear off, but what am i suppose to do?

sweets
11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
It's hard when they are like that! yes you can potter round and do housework and maybe he will look at what your doing and join in or at least watch. Give him time to settle in, i always find that children always think that other peoples toys are better than there own and you're right the novelty will prob soon wear off!:)

Daftbat
11-06-2009, 08:17 PM
There is nothing wrong with a child being content with the lovely toys you have to offer. You don't need to be bombarding him with structured activities all the time.

I would go to playgroups anyway and perhaps you can do a couple of observations etc whilst he is playing.

You will find over period of time that you will both get used to things and you will be fine. Much better than a demanding screamer:eek: