PDA

View Full Version : A Home Button?

Schnakes
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Hiya, is there a "home" button? Sometimes I read a huge long thread and want to go "home" but have to click all the way back through or re-start the forum. Have I been missing something all this time?

Also, I was wondering if there is a way you can be informed that a thread you have posted on has been updated? Some forums do this, cant remember if this one does?

Can you tell Im in a lazy mood today?!

Cheers,

Sx

Spangles
11-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Hiya!

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but when you add your post and it comes up at the bottom of the thread you can go down a little way and you can select 'top'.

This takes you to the top of that page and then you can press 'new posts' or whatever you want to do.

Does that help?

Don't know about your other question, sorry.

Minstrel
11-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I use the 'new posts' function to read all the new threads and updated threads.

The ones you have replied to have a little arrow going through the envelope on the left next to the title so you know which ones to check up on if you wish,

Or you can subscribed to some threads by clicking 'subscribe to this thread'

Pipsqueak
11-06-2009, 06:55 PM
yup I generally use the new posts facility unless I am on a serious leisurely trawl

Schnakes
11-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Ah, okay, will try to do the new posts thing - thanks for the tips.

Anyone know about the home button?

Sx

Minstrel
11-06-2009, 07:14 PM
If you scroll up and look just above where the thread title is printed.... there is

childminding forum >questions and information about using the forum>A home button?

just click on there dedpending on how far you want to go. The main page would be the 'childminding forum' bit

hope you understand that and i havent confused you more!

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Hiya, is there a "home" button? Sometimes I read a huge long thread and want to go "home" but have to click all the way back through or re-start the forum. Have I been missing something all this time?

Also, I was wondering if there is a way you can be informed that a thread you have posted on has been updated? Some forums do this, cant remember if this one does?

Cheers,

Sx

I think if you are in a lazy mood then we should be even more lazy and not tell you a thing

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Pauline
12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
If you scroll up and look just above where the thread title is printed.... there is

childminding forum >questions and information about using the forum>A home button?

just click on there dedpending on how far you want to go. The main page would be the 'childminding forum' bit

hope you understand that and i havent confused you more!

That is just what I was going to say! :thumbsup: Hope it makes sense Schnakes, one day I am going to do screen shots of all the main questions and give and example pic to help....... (emphasis there on 'one day' :laughing:)

Pauline
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Cheers,

Sx

In your profile tick the box 'subscribe to threads' (or something like that) then when you go into your 'user cp' panel replies to your posts and threads, or even ones started by someone else that you have replied to, will be listed. :)

ORKSIE
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh how :cool: I have neva seen the top button B4.
Thanks Spangles:jump for joy:

ajs
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
alternitively you could press the home button on your keyboard and that will take you to the top of the page so you can press new posts or whatever you press to trawl the forum

ORKSIE
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I am having so much fun pressing the top button, so much easier!
Will try the home button on my comp now if i can find it:D

ORKSIE
12-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I am having so much fun pressing the top button, so much easier!
Will try the home button on my comp now if i can find it:D

YAY That worked too:clapping: :laughing:

venus89
12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
:clapping: I never knew about the home button on the computer :clapping:

Schnakes
12-06-2009, 10:20 PM
alternitively you could press the home button on your keyboard

Yeah, um....April Fools was like...two months ago!! what ****** home button??? What the hell??? Im either really thick or really IT illiterate!!!

Sxx

ORKSIE
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
alternitively you could press the home button on your keyboard

Yeah, um....April Fools was like...two months ago!! what ****** home button??? What the hell??? Im either really thick or really IT illiterate!!!

Sxx
LMAO Its between insert and Page up, on my key board:)

RedDragon
12-06-2009, 10:46 PM
F5 Will also refresh the page

ORKSIE
12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
OMW it geats better LMAO:laughing:
OK any more?:laughing:

Schnakes
12-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Ahhhh...I see. And that takes you home on any given webpage? Nice!!!!
Thank s for that!!! :clapping:

Sx

sonia ann
13-06-2009, 07:17 AM
LMAO Its between insert and Page up, on my key board:)

oooh thats clever....i like it:clapping: