PDA

View Full Version : emergency contact cards

Helen79
10-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm just making my emergency contact cards for the children to keep in my purse. I just wondered if you put all the children's emergency contact numbers on the card or just their main carer.

Some of my mindees have 4 emergency numbers so should I put them all on the card?

miffy
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I do on mine - if you can't contact the parent then at least you've other numbers to try.

Miffy xx

Mouse
10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Do you mean a card in case you have an accident or a card for you to carry round with the children's details on (for your use)?

I carry a card that says I'm a childminder & the children with me may not be my own. It just has contact details for my husband & another childminder who know the children & keep a copy of all their contact details.

I also carry a book that has the children's names, date of birth, parents' contact details & doctors details and a copy of the permission to seek medical attention form (or whatever it's called).

Cazz
10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Do you mean a card in case you have an accident or a card for you to carry round with the children's details on (for your use)?

I carry a card that says I'm a childminder & the children with me may not be my own. It just has contact details for my husband & another childminder who know the children & keep a copy of all their contact details.

I also carry a book that has the children's names, date of birth, parents' contact details & doctors details and a copy of the permission to seek medical attention form (or whatever it's called).

Is it okay to give the children's contact details to another childminder because of confidentiality?

I've been thinking about what I should carry with me when I'm out but didn't realise you can do this.

Carole x

Mouse
10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Is it okay to give the children's contact details to another childminder because of confidentiality?

I've been thinking about what I should carry with me when I'm out but didn't realise you can do this.

Carole x

I have a permission form signed by parents that say it's OK to give their contact details to my husband & childminder friend. This is how I was first told to do it years ago & it's always been alright with Ofsted. We were told then not to carry details that could identify individual children (ie, no photos of them, no description etc). I can't quite remember why :rolleyes:

mrs c
11-06-2009, 06:37 AM
I would put all numbers on - better chance of contacting someone should there be an emergency.