PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!!!

michellethegooner
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I am trying to make a catologue of all my toys and equipment, but haven't even taken a picture yet as I don't know where to start!!!!

Should I take a picture of each toy/piece of equipment or put them into bundles e.g all dolls together and so on

I want to use the catologue for the children to choose activities from and link it to EYFS e.g baby walker, ride on etc PD, arts & CD, and so on, but I am stumped at the first hurdle, where do I stick the buses or the train set, under Communication??? Market stall & toy kitchen??? would this be creative or kuw or both

Tups
10-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I am trying to make a catologue of all my toys and equipment, but haven't even taken a picture yet as I don't know where to start!!!!

Should I take a picture of each toy/piece of equipment or put them into bundles e.g all dolls together and so on

I want to use the catologue for the children to choose activities from and link it to EYFS e.g baby walker, ride on etc PD, arts & CD, and so on, but I am stumped at the first hurdle, where do I stick the buses or the train set, under Communication??? Market stall & toy kitchen??? would this be creative or kuw or both I put mine in bundles all doll,s together car,s so and so there not link,t to the EYFS never thought of that ?tups x

breezy
10-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Do you need to link it to EYFS? Sounds like you're making work for yourself!

wellybelly
10-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I tried that but it didnt work out. I realised half way through toys are used for a multitude of situations eg dolls would be used in water play, and then if you're linking it to eyfs, if then depends on how you will use them. I gave up in the end, but 10 out of 10 for effort!

Tatia
10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
You could use the categories I use for the toy library at work. Toys are grouped by (oh gosh, let's see if I can recall all of them off the top of my head...)

AV - audio visual (cd players, story sacks) - this could easily be transormed to ICT for a broader range of resources
ML - miniature life (small world farms, toy cars, dolls)
BF - busy fingers (shape sorters, button pushing games)

Oh man, I'm drawing a blank! I can see them all on the shelves but cannot for the life of me remember the categories! :rolleyes:

If you want to wait til tomorrow, I can make a list to share with you. The trick is not to get too bogged down in creating categories. Using EYFS is very limiting because like someone said, toys can be used for so many different ELGs. What I have started to do is to make up cards to go in the packs that show which of the ELGs the toys can help to meet and how. Big job!

angeldelight
10-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Do you need to link it to EYFS? Sounds like you're making work for yourself!

Thats what I thought ha ha

Ours get mixed up so much too that I would be forever sorting things out

Angel xx

michellethegooner
10-06-2009, 08:53 PM
You could use the categories I use for the toy library at work. Toys are grouped by (oh gosh, let's see if I can recall all of them off the top of my head...)

AV - audio visual (cd players, story sacks) - this could easily be transormed to ICT for a broader range of resources
ML - miniature life (small world farms, toy cars, dolls)
BF - busy fingers (shape sorters, button pushing games)

Oh man, I'm drawing a blank! I can see them all on the shelves but cannot for the life of me remember the categories! :rolleyes:

If you want to wait til tomorrow, I can make a list to share with you. The trick is not to get too bogged down in creating categories. Using EYFS is very limiting because like someone said, toys can be used for so many different ELGs. What I have started to do is to make up cards to go in the packs that show which of the ELGs the toys can help to meet and how. Big job!

yes pleaseif you wouldnt mind sharing.

and yes I agree a lot of stuff can be linked to many parts of the Eyfs, but Tatia way seems like a good idea and will try that out :clapping:

Carol
11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I have just taken lots of group photos. Then when I am doing a theme I can quickly look at photos and see what I have already got to go with the theme.
Saves me lots of time rather than going through lots of boxes. Also shows Mrs. Ofsted the multicultural equipment I have rather than trying to remember them or have them all out.

Carol xx

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I have just taken lots of group photos. Then when I am doing a theme I can quickly look at photos and see what I have already got to go with the theme.
Saves me lots of time rather than going through lots of boxes. Also shows Mrs. Ofsted the multicultural equipment I have rather than trying to remember them or have them all out.

Carol xx

Thats a good idea Carol

I did that last year and put it all in a book - then we used to forget to use the book ha ha

Hope you get more use out of yours than we did

Angel xx

helenlc
12-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Also shows Mrs. Ofsted the multicultural equipment I have rather than trying to remember them or have them all out.

Carol xx

I remember trying to make sure all my muticultural stuff was on show when my inspector came!!

Thank I might do the book instead!! :laughing: