PDA

View Full Version : inqury for term time only

Blackhorse
09-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I am over the moon as I had my first proper inquiry...and it came through my own homepage...wohoo

anyways would be term time only 2 days a week.

how many weeks a year is term time only? I went to school in austria and we have everything quite differently....

Would you charge a retainer fee for the holiday part?
I was thinking of charging 50% in holidays unless I can fill the space with an holiday only child....

do you think £56 for 2 days sounds ok? (I assume it is full days...)

thanks and oh please wish me luck!!

estrelas
09-06-2009, 11:36 AM
wont it just be b4 and after school then?

do you charge whilst they are at school?

congrats on enquiry x

Blackhorse
09-06-2009, 11:37 AM
no lo will only be 11 months old

and I guess even if it is a 2nd einstein in the making will still not attend school
I am wondering if mum's a teacher...

westbrom44
09-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I cant afford to do term time only, and my local nurseries dont either. I know some childminders do and others charge half fee.

I have two sets of parents who are teachers and still pay me all year, and have never complained.

They get 13 weeks paid time off a year, which I think is alot of time for me to be without any pay. If you prefer not to work anyway then that is entirely different.

estrelas
09-06-2009, 11:41 AM
no lo will only be 11 months old

and I guess even if it is a 2nd einstein in the making will still not attend school
I am wondering if mum's a teacher...

:laughing: :laughing:

I'd charge what you said then, sounds fine

Personally i don't charge for hols as i got a holiday only child straight away, but alot of people do. You need to do whats best for you x
Hope you get it

sweets
09-06-2009, 11:45 AM
i look after 2 teachers children and they pay me half in hols, i couldn't afford not to earn anything for 13 weeks of the year.

Jen4Kids
09-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Ive just signed up a term time only mindee (her mum is a teacher, mindee is 2) She is paying me my day rate during term (£31.50) and half rate during the 13 weeks holidays

Congrats for your first enquiry :clapping:

Blackhorse
09-06-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah I think I will go for the half fee during holiday time.
if she is indeed a teacher and gets paid anyways as well then it shouldn't be a problem. And if you don't find a holiday only lo then you would loose out quite a bit.

I am just hoping that she will go for me.
It would be lovely having a little girl to go with my dd!!

Alibali
09-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Nicole, congratulations on your first enquiry:clapping: :clapping: Hope it goes well. Your rate sounds fine, however bear in mind that this child will be blocking an under 5 space during the holidays and it is very difficult to get holiday kids only for under 5 spaces. I'd be charging half fee for holidays too.

Holidays will be 2 weeks spring break, 6 weeks summer break, 1 week in october and 2 weeks over christmas - a lot of time to be without money.

Keep us posted

Chatterbox Childcare
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Hope all goes well - £28 a day seems a bit low though but it might be right for your area

Gizmo
09-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah congrats on your enquiry :clapping:
Let us know how it goes and lets hope that phone keeps
a-ringing :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
09-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey Nicole, congratulations on your first enquiry:clapping: :clapping: Hope it goes well. Your rate sounds fine, however bear in mind that this child will be blocking an under 5 space during the holidays and it is very difficult to get holiday kids only for under 5 spaces. I'd be charging half fee for holidays too.

Holidays will be 2 weeks spring break, 6 weeks summer break, 1 week in october and 2 weeks over christmas - a lot of time to be without money.

Keep us posted

You are right, it is a lot of time without money so I am going to charge half fee ... and maybe take my own holidays (for which I don't charge) at the same time...at least until I have other mindees..

will let you know if I hear any more....which will hopefully be soon!

Tatjana
09-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Ooh, sounds fab, good luck with it!

xx

Demonjill
09-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Thats fab Nicole! :clapping: :clapping:

That all sounds fine and sometimes you may find that teachers may want to use you for the odd day during hols too so they can get some prep done especially just before term starts again, in which case you would get full pay for these days.:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
09-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Thats fab Nicole! :clapping: :clapping:

That all sounds fine and sometimes you may find that teachers may want to use you for the odd day during hols too so they can get some prep done especially just before term starts again, in which case you would get full pay for these days.:thumbsup:

All 6 of my mindees are term time only. Half fee in hols.

If they DO need me for hols I ask for minimum 2 weeks notice. I mind older ones in hols so not affected by numbers :thumbsup:

mrs c
09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi, well done for your first enquiry. I have 5 teachers children and charge half for holidays. I find there is not much call here for holiday care - have only ever had one girl for 4 weeks so yes, its wise to charge half fees then otherwise you may find you don't get any income for this period.