PDA

View Full Version : EYFS and then what?

wellybelly
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I do so much with the eyfs: planning, obs, next steps, termly reports blah blah blah but when they move up to KS1 what do I do then?

I still like to make observations and plan something around the over 5's own development, but what do I link it to? Ive looked for KS1 framework and cant find anything, well nothing to download anyway and use as a reference.

I feel so bad for not doing anything once they've finished the eyfs. It then looks like I only do stimulating activities with the children who come under the eyfs.

I want to work as much with the over 5's as I do with the little ones.

sarah707
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
My older ones join in activities that I have planned for everyone and I make them a memory book... well tbh they make their own :D

Mrs.L.C
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I think the older children really benefit from making their own choices and risk assessing what they choose to do themselves. Its how they learn and they need less guidance. Some of my over 5's have decided they want to do a scrap book type thing and I print off some photos now and again and then they decide what they want to record in it. I guess its like a memory book

Have you Offered time/space/help to do homework? Encouraging them to practice their instrument if they play one? etc This is a good way of working with children after EYFS

Im sure you do more than you think :)