PDA

View Full Version : Scottish CM's HELP.....Got the white envelope today

Celtic Star
08-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Help!!!!!!!

Inspection is on the 9th July @ 9:30am. Have gone into blind panic mode. Any advice/suggestions/slap to bring me to my senses etc would be much appreciated.

All I want to do is sit and cry as I feel overwhelemed by the whole thing (can you tell it's my 1st inspection)

fionamal
08-06-2009, 05:19 PM
WOW! Your so lucky to know when they are coming. Ive been told I will be inspected before the end of the month.

Just make sure all your paperwork is uptodate and you have loads of evidence for them. Also make extra prints of your paperwork as last year my CCO took away all my policies, risk assesments etc.

It will be fine, just be yourself

Gizmo
08-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Sure you will be fine make sure you have the date on everything
Glad I wont have mine this year might have some mindees by the time mine comes round :laughing:

Alibali
08-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Mixed bag there then, lots of notice of when they're coming so plenty time to prepare BUT right at the start of the school holidays:panic:

Partnership with the parents and parental involvement is what they're looking for. Get some questionnaires out and collate your findings and then letter your parents with an action plan, CC will love this. Also get a participation strategy sorted. Find ways of evidencing that you have made changes to your service in line with childrens or parents requests.

Don't worry, you'll be great.

wellybelly
08-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Make a list of everything you want to show ofsted e.g. multicultural resources, childrens obs and work, planning then ensure you have everything out on the day to show.

Make sure you have kids for the day and have plenty to occupy them, make sure you've got some next steps from previous obs linked to an activity or two.

Make sure everythings stocked up - paper towels, loo role, first aid.

Ensure eveything is up to date - contracts, reg forms, parents access and responsibility.

Then just go with the flow.

Sending big hugs x