PDA

View Full Version : DEPOSIT/RETAINER

lisa_vickers
07-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I HAVE A PARENT COMING TO SEE ME IN THE NEXT FEWS DAYS TO DISCUSS CHILDCARE FOR HER TWO CHILDREN TO COMMENCE END OF JULY NOW I DONT KNOW WEATHER TO CHARGE A DEPOSIT OR A RETAINER TO KEEP THE TWO PLACES ANY INFO WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

Tippy Toes
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Im in the same dilema! Mine wants to start September. Most people have advised me to charge a deposit.

sweets
07-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Ive just charged a deposit for a baby who wants care from october! i know i should have charged a retainer but i felt really mean as it would have worked out a lot of money for her. Not as much for me though! i would go with deposit over retainer, think retainers might put people off

hollybritten
07-06-2009, 06:29 PM
If you are using the NCMA contracts have a look at them.
There is a retainer deposit which you would use if a place wasn't available but will be in the near future. There is a retainer which you would use if the place was available but the parent didn't want to use it for a while.
I would take a deposit which would then be given back on the last months care. Then decide whether you want to take a retainer or not, this can sometimes put the parent off!
x

lisa_vickers
07-06-2009, 09:09 PM
If you are using the NCMA contracts have a look at them.
There is a retainer deposit which you would use if a place wasn't available but will be in the near future. There is a retainer which you would use if the place was available but the parent didn't want to use it for a while.
I would take a deposit which would then be given back on the last months care. Then decide whether you want to take a retainer or not, this can sometimes put the parent off!
x

thank you for the advise that has help me thanks again

mrs c
07-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Childminders in my area charge a retainer - most parents have been ok with this. I have also reduced the amount of the retainer if I think it seems high.