PDA

View Full Version : Hygiene

Debster
07-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I use vinyl gloves for bum changing. But do you guys wear disposable gloves for preparing food I have them but I am finding them a bit of a pain and do you where disposable aprons or is gloves for just bum changing ok? I thin k I may be developing a OCD :laughing:
Deb

TheBTeam
07-06-2009, 10:00 AM
No, i don't wear gloves for preparing food, i wash my hands but i have never been unclean or poisoned any one, and i have prepared food for my husband and children for 25 years!!!

Sorry if this isn't want ofsted like, but i am not in a professional kitchen!!

Debster
07-06-2009, 10:07 AM
No, i don't wear gloves for preparing food, i wash my hands but i have never been unclean or poisoned any one, and i have prepared food for my husband and children for 25 years!!!

Me too I have never poisoned my family. but just wanted to know if just hand washing was enough? in actual fact when I went on my food hygiene course the tutor said he thought it more hygeinic to keep washing hads that wearing gloves as gloves pick up germs too but you do not wash your hands with gloves on.

Daftbat
07-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Never prepared food with gloves on - i don't think i could cope with it - its too fiddly. I don't use them for nappy changes either.

breezy
07-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Never prepared food with gloves on - i don't think i could cope with it - its too fiddly. I don't use them for nappy changes either.

Same here, just loads of hand washing!

The Juggler
09-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Have you seen those chef shows, they don't wear gloves and they wipe the plates and hands on those dish towels they wear in their waste band! They charge a fortune for their food.

I don't use gloves for cooking and only use for bums when really mucky. Prefer to use anti-bac and good soap.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I wash my hands alot and will do so before, during and after preparing food. No gloves - see!

zillervalley
11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
hI

they are a pain but do use them , i suppose by using them you are covering yourself

AJ

zippy
15-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I have never warn gloves, used to be a manager of a pub too where food hygiene inspections are the norm, they do not expect you to wear glove just wash hands regularly at least every 20 mins, more if doing raw meat etc so as not cross contaminate - make your life easier lose the gloves

zillervalley
17-06-2009, 10:44 PM
guess I will be going without gloves from now on AJ

mummyspice
18-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I never used gloves for preparing food during my inspection-and she never said anything :)
Lisa x

Spangles
18-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I didn't prepare food for mindees but, if I did, I wouldn't have used gloves. It would take a lot of getting used to trying to prepare food with them on I should imagine.

I anti-bac and always thoroughly clean my hands.