PDA

View Full Version : Any inspiration please?

manjay
03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Myself and another minder are doing a stall at our village festival to promote ourselves a little in the community. We are looking for ideas for a couple of very simple and cheap craft activities that can be done on a large scale. We do have a few ideas but would love some inspiration from anyone that has done anything like this

Thanks xx

christine e
03-06-2009, 12:37 PM
How about setting up some messy play activities in trays

shaving foam

jelly

cooked spaghetti

soap flakes

etc etc

Cx

emler
03-06-2009, 01:08 PM
My local childminders recently did something similar. They had a name the teddy competition & also did face painting and they raised loads of money. Sorry I know it isn't craft activities lol

sparkibobs
03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Good luck with this x

Once helped my local nursery and we did a decorate your own biscuit stall. We used bought biscuits and made icing up with toffees etc for decoration.
Went down very well with the children.
x

manjay
03-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys. Forgot to say that we are in a marquee so hand washing facilities are limited so could do with something non messy. We have bought a load of cheap mugs from the market and have lots of porcelain pens so we are going to have this for the older ones. I also have lots of leftover painted pasta that could be used for theading to make a necklace and we are able to borrow a badge maker from the FIS. Just looking for something a little out of the ordinary. Any more ideas greatly appreciated xx

flora
03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Is it a fund raiser or a profile raiser???

I am doing the tattoo pack from baker ross at the village fete as a fundraiser.

Not a lover of tats in real life but kids love the transfer ones and they are not too expensie either :thumbsup:

manjay
04-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Is it a fund raiser or a profile raiser???

I am doing the tattoo pack from baker ross at the village fete as a fundraiser.

Not a lover of tats in real life but kids love the transfer ones and they are not too expensie either :thumbsup:

It is a profile raiser really as we were not going to charge for what we are doing. There is going to be a children's marquee and there will be people form the schools and playgroups doing stuff so we reckoned we should get in there too! I think no matter how much you think everyone knows what you do and how obvious you think it is there are always people that think the 8 children you walk home form school every day are yours! Even when they change every day:D

I have just had a new BR catalogue so going to have a look through later