PDA

View Full Version : What to do with husbands when you're having your inspection

OrlandoBelle
02-06-2009, 06:59 PM
My H2B will be on his day off on Thursday when I'm having my inspection. Do you think he should stay in the house or go out for a few hours? He always interacts with the kids when he's home as his day off is always in the middle of the week. Do you think Mrs Ofsted will ask him any questions or should he keep out of the way?

sarah707
02-06-2009, 07:03 PM
My partner was off during my inspection and he went out so he wasn't cluttering up the house.

he came back at summing up time and helped look after the little ones so I could concentrate.

Good luck! :D

TheBTeam
02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Can he be about too greet etc and make them a drink, before my dh was registered he stayed during my inspection and had a pleasant chat with the inspector before going out with my two children for the rest of the time.

Pedagog
02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
I would let him stay if only so he can supply refreshments etc for Mrs Ofsted.

butterfly
02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
i definately got rid of mine!! he makes jokes which mrs ofsted really wouldn't find funny!!

OrlandoBelle
02-06-2009, 07:16 PM
i definately got rid of mine!! he makes jokes which mrs ofsted really wouldn't find funny!!

That's exactly what mine's like... a joker... but not everyone has his sense of humour. Mrs Ofsted definately wouldn't. I think I may let him stay at the beginning as he would like to register soon and can perhaps ask her some questions. And he can make us tea!:D

huggableshelly
02-06-2009, 07:18 PM
mine was here for my first inspection as was on night shift but hung around being nosey LOL but it helped as he sat at the pc with my own kiddies leaving me free with mindees and mrs o

OrlandoBelle
02-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Also, do you think Ofsted would mind him interacting with the children? Or is that forbidden? Will I be marked down? Is it just me she will want to see with the children?

Chanelle
02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Heya! Well, inspection day is looming!! I would have him there to make tea's! But as you were thinking of Childminding both together it might be nice for Mrs Ofsted to see you both work together, maybe he could stay for the first hour ... then go to the shops for milk and get lost coming back !! hehehe

Do you know what inspector you will be having? I hope you get the lady I had at my Pre-reg, she was lovely !! :)

OrlandoBelle
02-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Heya! Well, inspection day is looming!! I would have him there to make tea's! But as you were thinking of Childminding both together it might be nice for Mrs Ofsted to see you both work together, maybe he could stay for the first hour ... then go to the shops for milk and get lost coming back !! hehehe

Do you know what inspector you will be having? I hope you get the lady I had at my Pre-reg, she was lovely !! :)

Hi Wendy, Yes I'm having Ann Archer. I'm SO nervous! Yes I think will let him stick around for a bit and hope that he doesn't embarrass me too much

ORKSIE
02-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Mine has been at work at all of mine , thank god:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Act as normal and let the Ofsted Inspector see how well the children interact with him

CherryBlossom
11-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Glad you put out this post I have been wondering the same when that day comes!

OrlandoBelle
11-06-2009, 09:45 AM
My hubby-to-be was fantastic at my inspection. He made Mrs Ofsted a cup of tea and was brilliant with the kids. She seemed to like this. We spoke to her about hw we intend to become registered togther in the near future an she gave us lots of advice. It was great. Now I remember why I'm marryinig him!:D

misst104
11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
My hubby-to-be was fantastic at my inspection. He made Mrs Ofsted a cup of tea and was brilliant with the kids. She seemed to like this. We spoke to her about hw we intend to become registered togther in the near future an she gave us lots of advice. It was great. Now I remember why I'm marryinig him!:D

Awwwww, Bless!!! :)

xxx jo

nannysue
11-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Mine is usually at work but as he's self employed hes always popping in and out ( drives me mad sometimes) but at inspection time he has his orders, no phone calls and stay well away until i ring him !!!!! :D

Daftbat
11-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Give him twenty quid and send him to the pub!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

zillervalley
11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
does not matter either way, I think, My husband works shifts so he has been in the house at times when the inspector has been, sometimes it good cos he can entertain while you talking, or get on with dinner drinks etc,

do what you feel comfortable with

AJ

OrlandoBelle
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Give him twenty quid and send him to the pub!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: He'd love that!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Blaze
11-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I packed my hubby & son off the the day (in fainess ds had a hospital appointment)...but I did tell dh to take his time coming home LOL

zippy
15-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Mine ran for the hills, wouldn't return till I rang to say shed gone hehehe