PDA

View Full Version : parents hours cut at work but needs childcare

TRACEY1969
02-06-2009, 08:08 AM
This parent has just text me saying her hours have been cut and she has lost 10hrs per week and she went on to say how much would the childcare cost now.

Hrs i work for her

2hrs 45 mins per day 5.45am - 8.30am and take her to school

These days change each week one week 4 days next could be 2 or 3 days.

I asked her will there be set days from now on if so i would do a reduction but if not i will still have to charge her £100 = £20 per day. If my hours don't change i said why should i drop the price.

Any advice please she gets the full 80% tax credits.

Spangles
02-06-2009, 08:12 AM
That's strange. Do you mean that she's going to be earning less but she wants you to do exactly the same but for less money?

I would say no personally if that's the case. Your fees are your fees regardless of how much money your families have. Can't believe she's actually asked that to be honest.

Why should you support her? You're not a charity, you're a business and you work very hard and get up very early for her!

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick - just ignore me if I have!

x

The Juggler
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Am sure she just means she will need you less!!? Best to check. However, she's given you very little info to go on so she'll need to let you know first. She is probably in shock at news from work.

Give her a call when it's quiet.

PixiePetal
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
If her 10 hours cut don't affect your days/hours then there should be no change.

Think you need to speak when theres a quiet time.

TRACEY1969
03-06-2009, 02:10 PM
she has told my daughter who is my assistant childminder that this might be the last week for childcare as she has losted 10hrs but still requires the same hrs from me. She told me she wasn't at work today so that meant we didn't have to get up at 5.15am but pick her daughter up from her house and take her to school (this happens sometimes only lives walking distance away). She usually sends her in a taxi to school before i started childminding, don't know why she doesn't take her, but it's a job for me. i have heard rumours that she has had other childminders before me, don't know who they are the breakfast club owners told me. tried ringing and texting her but no answer. her dad brings her in the morning and he never anwsers any questions, we will see what happens.

Bitsy Beans
03-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I am with the others. If she still needs the same hours from you then your charges stand. Its a bit cheeky to assume that because she's receiving less money you should too!!!!
Am curious why she wouldn't want to have her children at home with her when she's not working????

TRACEY1969
03-06-2009, 06:49 PM
i don't know why but i have another family where the dad works but mom doesn't accept delivery the Avon and i have there 4 children in the hols twice a week and one 3 days a week in school times.

TRACEY1969
03-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I am with the others. If she still needs the same hours from you then your charges stand. Its a bit cheeky to assume that because she's receiving less money you should too!!!!
Am curious why she wouldn't want to have her children at home with her when she's not working????

she works nights at a care home and dad starts at 6am and she finishes at 7.30 am