PDA

View Full Version : Preperation Document for Visit

Katherine
31-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi, I am new here I am Katherine from Buckinghamshire, I am in the process of regisitering and I am bit stuck on one of the questions, "How will you support a child and their family who have very little understanding of spoken English? How will you communicate with their parents?" I have put
by finding out as much as possible about their language and to use basic english

But I don't know what else to put? Can anyone help? Thank s

pinklady756
31-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi Katherine

Afraid I haven't got the answers, but I'm in the same position. Trying to fill my forms and a bit stuck on these ones too.

Hopefully someone will be able to help us.

Good luck with your registration.

chewy sweets
01-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Yes I'd say your on the right lines. Learn a few simple phrases from their language. Use basic English. Also you could get a few posters to display in their language e.g. Welcome Poster, Please wash your hands Poster? Possibly some resourses relating to their originating country. Also include any food which may be spercific to their country into the weekly menu???
Hope this helps???

geordiebunny
01-06-2009, 03:25 PM
we were told to put ask if they have a friend or family member who can be an interpreter (think thats how you spell it), I have also put what you have said aswell

Minstrel
01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Give as much as you can written down too. Explain things to them but give them the information to take away and digest/ refer back to/ check with relatives.

Learn the childs native words for essentials like food drink pain toilet etc