PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day

Bex1
30-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I would like to do something for my mindees to give to their daddies but am stuck for ideas.

My mindees are 18 months, 17 months and 12 months and I thought about a painting but the 17 and 12 months dont like paint! any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you :)

Star
30-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi, to help them enjoy paint, you could makle it a pleasurable experience by allowing them to just explore the paint in a sensory way. For example, cover a table in bubble wrap, quirt on some paint and then let them explore with their hands. Rubbing over and pressing on the bubble wrap, it's a lovely experience! Then if you need an end product for something like fathers day, you could let them put paper/card on it to take a print of the rainbow/mixture of colours when finished and turn in to a card. For a more adult supported you could cut out a frame, let the children use it to make a print, them put a photo behind it - photo frame! photo could be of them during the activity! Hope that is of help.

Star :idea:

ORKSIE
30-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Hand prints in clay is nice.
Or just hand prints in paint, I know you said they dont like it but as star has said just let then explore, put objects in the paint for them to get out.....now here's the sneaky bit, when their hand is painty print it onto a card:thumbsup:

Curly Quavers
30-05-2009, 05:10 PM
how about you put paper down in your garden and let the explore the paint with feet, they might like that.

ORKSIE
30-05-2009, 05:14 PM
how about you put paper down in your garden and let the explore the paint with feet, they might like that.

We are gonna do this at our next CM toddler group:D
Cant wait:thumbsup:

Bex1
30-05-2009, 06:39 PM
cheers. As for the paint, they wont go near it, just burst into tears. I was trying to make it fun, even I had my hands in the paint showing them and trying to get them involved but one just burst into tears when looked at it and the other did attempt to do it but as soon as noticed hands dirty went crazy and sobbed!

Saranotts
30-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I had a lo who hated getting his hands dirty and so to get him to play with paint, I got a plastic wallet and he helped me squirt paint in and then we sellotaped the free edge up and he was then able to make patterns and mix the colours together without getting upset. The end result looked really good up on the wall and he did eventually get over his obsession with keeping his hands clean.

Sara

miffy
30-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi, to help them enjoy paint, you could makle it a pleasurable experience by allowing them to just explore the paint in a sensory way. For example, cover a table in bubble wrap, quirt on some paint and then let them explore with their hands. Rubbing over and pressing on the bubble wrap, it's a lovely experience! Then if you need an end product for something like fathers day, you could let them put paper/card on it to take a print of the rainbow/mixture of colours when finished and turn in to a card. For a more adult supported you could cut out a frame, let the children use it to make a print, them put a photo behind it - photo frame! photo could be of them during the activity! Hope that is of help.

Star :idea:

I like the bubble wrap idea thank you!

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
30-05-2009, 09:02 PM
make a card or picture but don't use pait.

you can use coloured card and then use adhesive stickers or shapes.

they can stick them on themselves as well.
give them crayons to draw with.

you could maybe even rubber stamp things...

if you want to use paint, but they don't like to get their fingers dirty, then you could use Chubbie paint markers: (I bought it for my dd and she loves it)
this might help them get used to the paint as well

http://www.littlecraftybugs.co.uk/moredetails.asp?itemid=4446&group2id=833&subxgroupid=833

Bex1
01-06-2009, 07:16 AM
thank you everyone. I forgot about those chubby markers, will go to Early Learning today and take a look. Unfortunately the little one wont go near crayons, paints etc and has no interest whatsoever in stuff like that (he is 17 mths) but I think I may see what stickers are around and get them so he can do some sticking instead onto card!

Chatterbox Childcare
01-06-2009, 08:26 AM
thank you everyone. I forgot about those chubby markers, will go to Early Learning today and take a look. Unfortunately the little one wont go near crayons, paints etc and has no interest whatsoever in stuff like that (he is 17 mths) but I think I may see what stickers are around and get them so he can do some sticking instead onto card!

I had one like this and we played with cooked spaghetti and then put water on it to make it sticky. You can introduce colours to it as it cooks too.