PDA

View Full Version : working with other settings

JO S
27-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi, just wondered what everyone else does re- working in partnership with other settings?
I share individual plans and have a communication book but this isn't really working as I'm the only one who is contributing!!!
I had my first inspection last week and this was my only recommendation although she said she could see I was doing my part of it!
Am at a bit of a loss, has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks. Jo. x

sarah707
27-05-2009, 07:18 PM
It can sometimes seem like a one way street...

All you can do is keep plugging away... share learning journeys, newsletters etc.

ask the secretary of the other setting if they have an email mailing list for newsletters and see if she'll put you on it! :D

estrelas
27-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm doing alot at the monent hoping that even the smallest thing will help

Firstly i get a newsletter off all the different classes, see what their plan is for the coming month... And then cover the same for example reception we're doing super heros so our group made something for the class.

I also took pictures of the caterpillars that the school have, with my mindees and the teacher and me looking at them, we then done a caterpillar day.

I write in the childs reading folder ( consent from parents) as two of mine are in the same class so get the same homework,

The teachers put a scribbled note in my book if theres something i need to know, it helps that i know the teachers,and my girls in the same clas

uf353432
09-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I am really lucky with my local school in that I have been able to work in partnership with them. The manager of the preschool is an inspriration and is determined to work with whoever wants to work with her. Apparently I am the only childminder to have approached her to work in partnership.

Where we have shared 'care' we have a meeting and discuss our observations of the child in our own settings, we write up the minutes and both sign it. We have an open dialogue and chat and make notes for each other. If the child is already at preschool when I take them on then the manager gives me guidance on areas of the L&D that they have not been able to record because in a larger group setting its not been possible to observe. I then plan around these things to ensure that the combined paperwork when passed to reception has covered most of the area's. Where the child is with me before starting preschool, I will have a meet to discuss what they like and dislike and a copy of any observations so they can build on it.

It really works for us, I have copies of their newsletters and I give them copies of mine.

There is a local nursery which I hope to have the same relationship with as I know a mindee starting in Sept will have shared care and I hope that they will be equally willing to work with me.