PDA

View Full Version : another wee question

Demonjill
24-05-2009, 01:30 PM
sorry its me again hee hee
is there no end to my stress?? lol

On my lounge door I have 6 panes of glass and was planning on putting the safety film stuff on - has anyone used this and how did it go?

Also, im not sure if my large lounge window is toughened glass so would i have to put film on this too? - and then if there is a chance any window in house could get broken why do other windows not need the film on?

am i just confused? yes i am i think:panic: :panic:

aly
24-05-2009, 02:17 PM
sorry looking at that then thought it was a toilet question :blush::blush:

sarah707
24-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Low down windows that are within the child's play area need safety film if they are not toughened glass...

I had to do this once and it was a pain ... did you ever have to back books at school? Do you remember the bubbles? :o

LOL Aly! I thought that too! :laughing:

miffy
24-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Sarah's right about the bubbles!

You have to make sure the glass is clean and dry before you put the film on. It is tricky but once you've done it, it lasts for ages!

Miffy xx

Demonjill
24-05-2009, 02:44 PM
sorry looking at that then thought it was a toilet question :blush::blush:

lol not yet its not:laughing: :laughing:

Demonjill
24-05-2009, 02:46 PM
OK and where do i buy this stuff?

Its the top half of my lounge door that has the glass panes and i was advised to cover with film as children could throw something and break it - thats why i asked about all other windows! IYSWIM

Alibali
24-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Are your doors quite old? If not they may already be toughened. Mine are and if you look at the glass they should have BS6206 on them, if not - that safety film is a nightmare:)

grindal
24-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Jill, you can get it from Mothercare. I found half a pack on e bay and this was plenty to do the low level panes in my front room door - have a look - you may be lucky :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
24-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Jill, you can get it from Mothercare. I found half a pack on e bay and this was plenty to do the low level panes in my front room door - have a look - you may be lucky :rolleyes:

Thanks for info from me too.

When/if we move I will need to do summer house doors. Don't think small panes are safety glass there.:(

Winnie
24-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Mothercare. We did it on our small glass paned doors (that doesnt sound quite right but i hope you know what i mean) I cleaned the glass & then sprayed the cut sheets with water with a touch of washing up liquid in it & then applied it to the glass. Simple- but some have bubbles :doh: glad i'm not house-proud :laughing:

Demonjill
26-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the replies folks. Will have a look and inform DH what has to be done lol:laughing:

Gizmo
26-05-2009, 05:57 PM
I must have been quite lucky then we have got the 12 panel glass doors but they are only 3 years old so have got safety glass in them so glad cos I would have had to do 4 of them both sides. I think that film stuff is quite dear Jill so mind and keep your reciept and claim it back under your start up costs:laughing:

Demonjill
26-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I must have been quite lucky then we have got the 12 panel glass doors but they are only 3 years old so have got safety glass in them so glad cos I would have had to do 4 of them both sides. I think that film stuff is quite dear Jill so mind and keep your reciept and claim it back under your start up costs:laughing:

Yip good idea Joy! That pile of receipts is growing all the time.:laughing:

Gizmo
26-05-2009, 06:02 PM
yeah mine too just be glad when I can put something in the coming in column and not the going out column all the time :laughing: