PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question?

JO S
13-02-2008, 09:45 AM
I know this is probably a stupid question that has already been answered somewhere on here but here goes.
I send each child home each day with a daily diary of what we have done, what they've eaten, sleeps, nappies, etc.
I also display my activity planning for the week (such as it is). Do I also need to keep copies of each childs daily diary for when ofsted come?
Hope you can help.

Jo.x

sarah707
13-02-2008, 10:08 AM
I used to send a sheet home then I realised I didn't have any evidence if anyone asked for it... so now I use an exercise book which goes home and (hopefully!) comes back...

I also keep a full diary of what we have done every day along with highlights of what the children do ... that stays here in case of anyone questioning where I've been or what I've done :D

deeb66
13-02-2008, 10:15 AM
I also do my own diary as well as sending home a diary for the children and of course I have any observation notes etc in each child's personal file.

berkschick
13-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I tend to use the obs book. I have one page per week, sometimes 2, depends on what we have been up too. I stick pictures or photos of the activity ( like when we made cakes, didnt want to stick a cake in the book haha) and I also write briefly what we have done that day. I use post it notes while the kids are here to note down quick obs and these get stuck in the book on the relevant page.

I do also have daily diaries that go back and forth with the child apart from M as hers went home on her first day never to be seen again :rolleyes:

JO S
13-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks, that helps alot. I've just been sending A4 sheets home every day so now have no evidence!
I do have photo's which I can re-print though so will have to use those.
I will definately use an exercise book which goes back and forth from now on I think.

Jo. x

crazybones
13-02-2008, 10:46 AM
I have done the same as you Jo.:rolleyes: I now only have photo's too. Will have to go back through my obs and planning and sort out something. From now on I will just send a weekly report home because I am sure they just go in the bin anyway.

Annie x

bubbly
13-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I do daily diaries too and send a week's worth home on Monday evenings. I make sure I print out 2 copies - one for the parents and one for my records.

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I do diary books which the parent really like they say it links them to their little ones all day:) I use the back of the diary to note down my holidays even though I always give out proper notice of leave to parents we all lose pieces of paper - but never lose treasured items like daily memories of our children:laughing:

I also put reward sticker that I give out or ones recieved at playgroup and the little ones treasure their books as well as the parent. It makes it special to them:thumbsup: