PDA

View Full Version : Dropping out of the DHC

mertonparker
20-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi,

Have been doing the Dhc since april last year....only attend once a week.

I have passed unit 1, got an A for units 2 & 3 . We have just started unit 4 after a 3 month gap !! Life since christmas has been up & down (sadly more down than up lately) I guess Ive lost the motivation to carry on.....

So does anyone know if you can restart it e.g complete the two modules at a later stage if I drop out now?

Thanks

mertonparker.x

Blaze
21-05-2009, 12:02 AM
You can complete it via cache directly, but you have to complete within three years of originally starting the course. The easier route would be to speak to your college, take the rest of the year off & restart again next year.
HTH

mertonparker
27-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi,
Thank you blaze for your reply. I have spoken with my Tutor and as Im over half way through unit four Ive decided or been persuaded to carry on. The classes for unit 4 have just begun but I work through the assignment myself so have nearly finished it. IYSWIM . So Im going to finish unit four and then see if I can manage unit 5. If not ill postpone that unit until later. Id rather not delay as its the last one but have really been up against it since christmas, what with my health scare and now my husband is really ill :( I just dont seem to have the motivation nor time to be honest.
Thank you once again.

Mertonparker.x

newandlearning
30-05-2009, 06:30 AM
don't give up .. the first few units are soo much work and Unit 5 I enjoyed as it was really practical and helpful... it you need help post on here and I'd be happy to help with ideas etc if that will help you keep going.. good luck.. and well done on getting such great grades so far.x

mertonparker
04-06-2009, 10:11 PM
don't give up .. the first few units are soo much work and Unit 5 I enjoyed as it was really practical and helpful... it you need help post on here and I'd be happy to help with ideas etc if that will help you keep going.. good luck.. and well done on getting such great grades so far.x

Thank you very much. Ive heard unit 5 is very helpful, so really want to do it plus its the last unit :) . Im trying my best to fit it all in somewhere-honestly think my grade will suffer now though-but as long as its a pass, I'll be happy.

mertonparker.x

RedDragon
05-06-2009, 08:14 AM
I found the course very hard indeed.

I don't know if it was the tutor who marked me down as I only just passed on most of them (highest B, lowest E, I think) and I worked alongside another CM and her marks were markedly higher for very similar work.

Truthfully it has put me off doing any further hefty coursework.

I hope you are able to sort it out - as you say as long as you pass it doesn't matter too much what grade you get.

mertonparker
05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I found the course very hard indeed.

I don't know if it was the tutor who marked me down as I only just passed on most of them (highest B, lowest E, I think) and I worked alongside another CM and her marks were markedly higher for very similar work.

Truthfully it has put me off doing any further hefty coursework.

I hope you are able to sort it out - as you say as long as you pass it doesn't matter too much what grade you get.

Hi RedDragon,

Our tutor is strict and demands alot from us. The guidance says 2 references throughout the unit, tutor wants at least one in each A-D questions !!:panic:
She is extremely hot on the referencing/bibliography etc which happens to be where some ladies have lost marks.
My grades have been really good - A member on here helped me an awful lot when I first started the course and gave me inspiration, helpful guidance & suggestions -For which I could never thank her enough for-as I know I probably did bug the life out of her :o She definately had patience though :D ( and incase she read's this you know who you are:) )
It hasnt been easy and like you Im in no rush to do any more major courses like this. I have just kept whittling away at the units bit by bit until its done, some days I spend 5/10 minutes re reading what Ive done then only manage to write a few sentences before I have to stop because im needed elsewhere. I just cannot find the time now especially with my hubby being ill and family life etc etc..:( Only time will tell if I get to do unit 5.

Good luck with your course or have you finished it now?
mertonparker.x