PDA

View Full Version : Birthday parties whilst minding

Ripeberry
20-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi, never thought of this as a dilema. But supposing i had a party at my home whilst i was minding and that birthday party was for my daughter, would it mean that i would be over my numbers if party guests were in the house.
OR would EVERY parent have to stay with their child?
There would only be 6 children (for the party) but they are all over 5yrs old but under 8yrs old.
I've always had an open house, kids always coming and going.
Suppose all this will have to stop when i have children to mind.

HomefromHome
20-05-2009, 04:26 PM
mmm hard one - i think it will affect your registration unless you canget parents to stay (not that i would want them too!!) - party on a saturday?????:o

Mollymop
20-05-2009, 04:50 PM
6 under 8's but over 5's you say? Are you registered to mind 6 children total at anyone time? If so you would be ok. If not, I guess, because you are working, you would need to have a parent there for the child that takes you over your numbers.

rickysmiths
20-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I must say I wouldn't even think of having my childrens own birthday party during the working day. :eek:

I have been minding since my two were 11mths and 30mths.
Always had parties at the weekend or I took a day holiday. :clapping:

Mouse
20-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I must say I wouldn't even think of having my childrens own birthday party during the working day. :eek:

Always had parties at the weekend or I took a day holiday. :clapping:

Same here. I wouldn't have my child's birthday party while I was working.

PixiePetal
20-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Same here. we have cake and candles on the day with mindees if approprite ages then party without at weekends :thumbsup:

cara1235
20-05-2009, 05:52 PM
not really sure on this one but if you can prove to ofsted that you are not accepting payment from them you may be ok but i would check with ofsted.
xx

Toothfairy
20-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Same as Pixipetal, we have cake on the actual day and a party at the weekend.

Mollymop
20-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Same here. we have cake and candles on the day with mindees if approprite ages then party without at weekends :thumbsup:

I did this only a few weeks ago whenit was my dd's 5th birthday. Then she had a party at the weekend.
But you have your own way and reasons to do what you do, so if you can get around it somehow I bet it would be a lovely day for your child xx

Ripeberry
20-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all your replies, Its just that i've already booked a party ages ago (lady comes to house and makes jewellry with the children) and they are fully booked up all through June during the weekends :(
Just had a panic in case i had a child to mind. If anyone does come along in that time i'll just say that i won't be available after-school on that day.
Also i find straight after school is the best time to have a birthday party as lots of kids go away at the weekend and you end up with no-one :(

Hebs
20-05-2009, 08:09 PM
My parents know i take the day off for my childrens birthdays if it falls on a contracted day :thumbsup:

just like they try to be at home with their own kids :D

PixiePetal
20-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks for all your replies, Its just that i've already booked a party ages ago (lady comes to house and makes jewellry with the children) and they are fully booked up all through June during the weekends :(
Just had a panic in case i had a child to mind. If anyone does come along in that time i'll just say that i won't be available after-school on that day.
Also i find straight after school is the best time to have a birthday party as lots of kids go away at the weekend and you end up with no-one :(

Sounds fun, can I come :laughing: