PDA

View Full Version : What daily paperwork should I be doing? (Live in Cardiff)

chelle31
20-05-2009, 12:42 PM
As I know Wales is different than England, and only seem to be bombarded with EYFS, that doe not apply here.

I currently mind 1 child after school for 2 days (I have him for approx an hour).

And 2 children on a Wednesday, 1 is only before and after school,and the other 8.30-5.30).

I do not do any planning (not sure if it is requirement in Wales). I used to complete a diary for the child I have all day, but the parent stopped putting in back in the bag.

Do I need to complete a diary? Is this for the parents, or for me?

Worrying a bit, as I have been registered for 7 months, and will be inspected in the next 5 months, but do not feel I know enough about what I need to do IYSWIM.

Thanks

Michelle

littlestar
20-05-2009, 01:16 PM
hello im not sure we do the same but ill let you no what i do on a daily basis
-daily diary you can keep one for yourself just to show ofsted that you do activitys
-attendance reg
-daily risk ass checks
do you do any off these?

Polly2
20-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Chelle
I live not far from you - Here's what I do:

Daily sheets (I found diaries went missing) "all about today"
attendance register
risk assessments (I review these about once a month)
Rough planning and obs (in photo/comment form) - this is not a requirment but I find it helps me to make sure I am filling the needs of all the children in my care. This could be in a form of a diary for yourself I suppose.

As childminders we are not required to follow the foundation phase (nurseries are) I wish we were actually I would welcome it but hey never mind :rolleyes:

Hope this helps x

tulip0803
20-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I am in Wales I only have one child at the minute:( . I was a minder in England but registered here last November - so am waiting for the letter to drop on my mat too.

a daily diary;- I do an A4 sheet with info about nappy changes/food/sleeps/activities etc. I carbon copy this so I have one to show CSSIW and the parent has one to take home, this parent is putting them all in a book for when LO is older.

Daily Safety check list - I check that toys/equipment are not broken. That there are no rubbish/glass/animal mess/dead things in garden etc. That everything is clean and tidy inside & out. just a tick box thing.

Register- Daily attendance

Accounts - CSSIW can ask to see these at it is in one of our standards.

Risk assessments - usual daily activities and special trips. I also have one for the entire house and garden and review regularly. date & sign when reviewed.

I do basic plans - you do them in your head when you think today I will do ... so write it down then when CSSIW come you have evidence they do not have to be detailed or go into what they are learning although you can if you want to.

I have a cleaning schedule check list.

I have a fire alarm test sheet - note when batteries are changed & I test

Fire drill sheet - date, time, children present and whether we went out front or back door I do this once a month.

Daily menu/ snack menu - can be on a 2 or 3 week rota or completely different each week.

The more you have written down the more evidence you can show the inspector about what you do and the less questions they will have to ask you:D

Polly2
20-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I didn't realise they could ask to look at our accounts :eek: luckily I have an accountant!

Oh well you learn something new every day :)

ruby
20-05-2009, 02:17 PM
i mostly have the same as tulip0803.

i also do a scrap book with photos and pictures for each child which when they leave goes with them.

the parents love these as they can see what they have been up to during our time together.

the only other thing i would mention is a visitors book as at the last 2 inspections both with different inspectors they both asked to see it .

cathy

Polly2
20-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes my inspector asked to see my visitors book too.

I also do a newsletter and a cd with pictures on every term for each parent.

tulip0803
20-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh Yes I forgot the visitors book - Only one entry - My Mum on one day. Very sad quiet life I lead :( . Only minding 5 1/2 hours a week so don't get visitors often on that day.

chelle31
20-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Thank you everyone.

I do complete an attendence register, and do my accounts book (NCMA).

I do not carry out any risk assesments though.

We usually carry out the same activities every week, always go to a toddler group in the morning, and then have lunch, then she usually has a sleep and we go and collect from school!

I will start a diary again, maybe just for me.

Do I need to complete a diary for the child I have after school?

Thanks