PDA

View Full Version : Inspection due

Debster
20-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I know my inspection is looming my friend had hers yesterday she registered 4 weeks before me. Iam making sure I have everything I need and everyday I come across something that I have not got today it is the tracker or pyramid/triangle which is used to measure development against the areas of learning. To be honest I remember it being mentioned briefly on my dhc1 course but it has just gone out of my mind. My support childminder asked me if I was using them and it would be good for my inspection. Does anyone have one I could steal of point me in the right direction.
Thanks Deb

Chatterbox Childcare
20-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Haven't got a clue what this is but would love to see it when you get it. Could you do a new thread and attach it please?

littlestar
20-05-2009, 09:38 AM
hello good luck and ask your friend what they were looking at in heres and what they asked it will prob be the same inspector if you live in the same area me and my friend registered at the same time she had her inspection a few days before and it helped me listening to what went on in hers as for the triangle thingy i have no idea what this is sorry:blush:

Debster
20-05-2009, 11:34 AM
As far as I can gather the tracker is a triangle that is formed as a child progresses so for example child a tries to climb slide 1 side of triangle / next step to encourage him to climb up the steps then child climbs the slide with help forming the next side of triangle next steps encourage child to climb the slide alone. next child climbs slide alone and slides down triangle complete move onto a different area of learning as once triangle is formed the child can has fully achieved in that area and there are no further steps. I get it because it is showing that child has developed and can move on and sometimes I think you do need to make a observation on the same thing a few times to make sure the child has confidence in that area but do not know how to put it into practice. ideas please
:thumbsup: