PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed on Pre-Reg Visit!!!

applesmum
12-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi Girls
Ofsted have called and are coming out on Monday to do my pre-reg inspection - and although I'm very excited that I'm getting closer to being registered I'm now also getting nervous!!!
is there any advice anyone can give to ease my nerves?:o I'm worried that I'll be a nervous wreck by the time the inspector gets here on Monday!!! :laughing:

Take Care x

angeldelight
12-02-2008, 07:50 PM
There is a lot of advice in this section of the forum if you take a look around

If you are still stuck give us a shout and someone will help you

Good luck on Monday let us know how it goes

Angel xx

sarah707
12-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Pre-reg is about finding out more ... so have a list of questions ready... and a wish list, so the inspector can see you are planning for the future.

Good luck! :D

katickles
12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
There was a thread on this in the last couple of days. My advice would be not to worry - its really not bad at all.

I would get a selections of toys laid out suitable for various ages to show the inspector what kind of things you would be doing with the children.

The inspector will lead the inspection so just go with it. Have read through all your policy & procedures so your clued up on everything & thats about it!

Good luck i'm sure you'll not be half a nervous on the day.

:)

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Although its not essential to do this, I had most policies and procedures done and ready to refer to when asked questions! I had already done ICP and First Aid so already felt I had an advantage and knew a lot to answer the questions to.

I was asked about my situation (my home and family circumstances) and about previous experience and anything voluntary too that could contribute (I worked in holiday clubs and a creche voluntary from being 16 so that went towards it too!

then the inspector went through the standards and asked me what my understanding was on them, I refered to policies and bits of info I had, she was impressed by this and said that she thought I was very organized! so I was chuffed!!

I showed her the playroom, which was all done out and had toys etc and I explained how I was going to expand on my equipment, she said I had a lot of things already and I explained I wanted to be ready before I registered so had done icp and first aid to prepare myself first and bought a lot of things so i felt ready. She did say not everyone has this much things prepared, so dont feel like you have to have everything.

the only thing I felt uncomfy with was that I had had a brush with NSPCC when I was a little girl (victim not perp) and I was concerned about this coming back on crb as I was put on protection list and didnt want it to show up and delay process, she said that this was really helpful as crb just says contact with SServices and they then have to investigate what the contact was, so she said it had helped speed up things. i felt ok cos I knew it would be confidential and felt relieved I had mentioned it in the end!

I found my pre reg visit non stressful as I felt prepared, I used false confidence and told myself before she came, you can do this! and I found this confidence from nowhere when she came! she was here for 4 hours tho which I was shocked at as didnt think it would take that long! but I can talk for england, so maybe it was my fault!:blush:

dont worry about it one bit and it will help! You can do this!! good luck and let us know how it goes x x

Mollymop
12-02-2008, 09:23 PM
As the others have said, it really is a relaxed visit.

The inspector is mainly there to chat to you and take you through the standards, etc and she will ask you a few questions and type down what you say.

If you get a bit stuck with anything they ask you I find they lead you to the right answer.

My inspector did have a look around but nothing major and was as nice as anything.

She made a big fuss of my kiddies and my dog, etc.

I got all my policies, etc done, but she wasn't interested in seeing them "just yet"

You will be fine, honest!

deeb66
12-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi

You have had lots of advice already

I have noticed that you haven't officially said hello.

Could you please pop into the Say Hello section and introduce yourself

thank you