PDA

View Full Version : Present from mindee for mum?

mum2two
17-05-2009, 07:53 PM
It's one of my mindees mum's 40th next week. She's a lovely lady, and made me the most yummy brownies for my birthday, & appreciates everything her children do.

Mindee is 17 months old, & I have his sister 2 eves who's 6. I wanted to make something special for her birthday next week - they are going away.

I've done his hand prints when he very first started, (first day with a poem) when he was 6 mths, and for mothers day did hand & foot prints. Did a little photo album book for xmas...

Anyone got any special ideas we can do this week...?

xx

sparkibobs
17-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi.
I think anything made by your own child is fantastic, I got a lovely collage with leaves and flowers on from my sons playschool last week, you could still smell the flowers.

Mmmm 40th, maybe they could decorate a balloon, make a paper flower bouquet, Mummys 40 banner, personalised photo frame (salt dough or card).

I'm sure you'll find the inspiration from somewhere if not hter'll be plenty more ideas from everybody else.
Good luck
x

miffy
17-05-2009, 08:40 PM
There was an idea on here for a box of love .......you could search for the thread.

I'm sure whatever you make will be much appreciated

Miffy xx

mum2two
17-05-2009, 08:45 PM
There was an idea on here for a box of love .......you could search for the thread.

I'm sure whatever you make will be much appreciated

Miffy xx

I know it will be Miffy. That's why I'm trying to think of something lovely for her 40th. She keeps everything, and really does appreciate what they do. It's so lovely to see, rather than 'Oh great, what rubbish have the got today...!' :rolleyes:

xx

miffy
17-05-2009, 08:49 PM
That is nice and I understand why you want to make something really special for her.

Have you many photos of her lo? Could you make them into a big collage and frame it for her?

Miffy xx

louni
19-05-2009, 12:34 PM
A simple but well recieved present in my experience is a picture painted by the little ones onto a canvas (you can buy them for a couple of pounds from wilkinsons/home bargains or for a little more from hobby craft) The older child could paint a pic of mum,while baby's pic might not be as obvious!
A message and date on the back from the little one and you have a lovely keepsake.
I'm sure she will love whatever you decide on.
Good luck.xx