PDA

View Full Version : Planning: Child 1 morning a week

singlewiththree
17-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I have three children and they all come for one morning a week. I've gone through my planning book and its practically all the same. The two 22mth old boys love tractors, as they only come once a week they always want the vehicles out. One week I did tractor painting with them and we washed it off afterwards. They always go outside on the tractor and put the diggers in the sand and stones. Does it matter that its the same each week. I've tried getting other toys out but they just want the tractors.

estrelas
17-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I have three children and they all come for one morning a week. I've gone through my planning book and its practically all the same. The two 22mth old boys love tractors, as they only come once a week they always want the vehicles out. One week I did tractor painting with them and we washed it off afterwards. They always go outside on the tractor and put the diggers in the sand and stones. Does it matter that its the same each week. I've tried getting other toys out but they just want the tractors.

I wouldn't have thought it mattered, i have three girls full time and generally all they want is polly pocket and the houses out. They do small amounts of art when they get bored but otherwise its just dolls.
If you only have then occassionally they obviously just want what they enjoyed last time!

misst104
17-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I would have thought that as long as other things are available then its fine if they choose what they want and its the same every time. Bless em! My ds2 is the same. just wants to play with the cars ALL the time and he is obviously here every day, all day....:laughing:

xxx jo

singlewiththree
18-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Do I have to keep putting in my planning that I'm offering the something different?

nannymcflea
18-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Tractor tyre painting, introducing car tyre painting too so you can do big and small at the same time.

See if you can draw a tractor for them to cut out and then stick fabric, feathers, rice onto.

Tractors in split peas, in tray, tipping and pouring, full and empty.

Large piece of paper, drawing a farm, roadway, trees etc to put tractors on.

Introduce animals and make a farm, animal noises, names colours, transport them wwith the diggers to their houses.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

michellethegooner
18-05-2009, 11:25 AM
some good ideas there, I just try to extend it by 'offering' other activities that include their interests, such as the tyre painting if the like cars etc