PDA

View Full Version : Mindee observations

Buzz Lightyear
16-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Morning all, cannot believe I am typing oberservations on a Saturday morning, my day off!! Sadly, can think of nothing but them and my SEF!

So anyway, basically, I have a word document which I have for Obs. I have wrote a paragraph of the activity and will include a photo if possible. Under the description, I have a list of the six areas of learning with the sub headings. All I am doing present is ticking the relevent sub heading under the six areas which mindees have covered.

Sort of like this:

PSE Dispositions and attitude Self-confidence and Self-esteem Making relationships Behaviour and self-control Self-care Sense of community

Etc, etc.... and then I just tick the ones they cover.

Is this enough or do I need to allaborate more??

sarah707
16-05-2009, 12:58 PM
You need to show 3 things...

1 that you understand what area of Learning and Development the child is meeting...

2 what the child has done...

3 what you will do next to support the child's next steps...

So long as you have done that it will be fine :D

Buzz Lightyear
16-05-2009, 06:07 PM
I think I have:

1. Understood - hence the ticking of the areas of L&D
2. Written what the child has done and included a photo
3. Written next steps.

Is this right??

sarah707
16-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Sounds perfect to me! :D

Buzz Lightyear
16-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Eeek, wouldn't go that far! Probably totally wrong if you were to read :(

michellethegooner
16-05-2009, 07:45 PM
if it sounds perfect to sarah you cant be far wrong, It sounds fine to me, it is what I do as well, although I usually just do phot obs as I find these easier and you can see what child is doing

miss mopple
17-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Sounds like what I do. My form has a section for the obs, then a section for my evaluation, one for next steps and the areas underneath to highlight. Its a simple system that works for me :D