PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do

shoegal
14-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Right, I'm about to start childminding and a new college course in sept. But, the problem is that the course that I want to do finishes at 3.30 one day a week so I could not do the school run on that day. Does anyone have any idea how badly that could effect my childminding? is it likely that anyone will want a childminder who can only work four days a week? or do you think that I would stand a MUCH better chance of getting some work if I did not do the college course? please help, I need to make the decision by tomorrow!
Vicky:panic: :panic: :panic:

Pipsqueak
14-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I work a four day week due to uni so it can be done.
you either just take on people to fit around you OR you see if you can have a back up childminder for that time. When I finish for the summer I will have one of teh children full time - ie 5 days a week

I would go for your college course now while you can, while you have the funds/time/energy/inclination etc etc

PixiePetal
14-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Lots of people only need part time.

None of my mindees are full time. I choose to only work 4 days a week - like a day to myself. :)

Depends on the need in your area. Most of mine do 2 days a week. One started on 4 days and has now cut it to 2 with attending nursery as well.

I advertise part time (no Wednesdays)

michellethegooner
14-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I only have part timers and only work a 4day week, I would do the college course and fit mindees round that rather than the other way round, different if you were already minding and then course came up

sue m
15-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Mine are part timers too, 9:15 until 2:30 3 days a week. They are 3 and 22 months. I only want to work part time now as I'm older :eek: and I really do not want to do a school run unless I have to. I've done it for too many years and don't need it anymore.

ORKSIE
15-05-2009, 08:45 AM
This should not be a problem. All mine are part time.:thumbsup:

shoegal
15-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks a lot guys, just in a bit of a rush to get started and really don't want to put people off, but I suppose that if they really wanted me their child could perhaps go to the after school club that my son will be going to one day a week until 4????
Thank you xx

jibberjitz
15-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I dont think it would be a problem as lots do part time. I'm still working 2 days a week at college and plan to still work one full day and one evening in September as well as childminding :thumbsup: