PDA

View Full Version : Where do the parents go?

forcenine
14-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know of a forum which approaches child care (child minding) from a parental aspect?

sarah707
15-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Sorry I'm not sure ... one of our other members might know.

We are always happy to answer parents questions :D

ORKSIE
15-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Does Net Mums. Never been on the site but have read a lot about it :)

Blaze
15-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Ther's netmums & mumsnet...

ORKSIE
15-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Ther's netmums & mumsnet...

Thanks Blaze, thought so:)

Heaven Scent
15-05-2009, 10:25 AM
There is also that one that little miss sparkles found but we will have to wait for her to come along - also there is the sure start forum i think that has parents - i'm sure there is a parents area on here too but not sure whats on it.

Haave you got a particular query or problem that one or some of us may be able to help you with????

Most of us love most of our parents and children dearly but in every walk of life we do come across problems - its only naural and because we work alone we come on here to seek advice in order to prevent unpleasant outcomes for the children in our care.

Quite a few of us have used childminders/nurseries/playgroups/afterschoo clubs for our own children at one stage or another and so have experience of both sides of the coin so to speak.

Also a good many of us have backgrounds in other care/teaching roles - so don't worry we could give you some very unbiased advice.

Ripeberry
15-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Mumsnet has a childminders page and some parents come on being supportive but a couple seem to love bashing CMs :angry:

jellytot
15-05-2009, 11:05 AM
just registered on mumsnet and I think its quite difficult to follow

Allie
15-05-2009, 11:07 AM
My daugter says netmums discusses childminders and childminding

Allie

Andrea08
15-05-2009, 11:49 AM
this feels strange to me its like there is an us and them??

i know we need to talk when in difficult situations with parents and im sure parents want to have a place to go when feel they have situations with us cm's but its a shame that im feeling a bit well,,, us and them???

The Juggler
15-05-2009, 06:23 PM
I've heard from friends the mumsnet forum is good. From what I've seen on netmums not so much

LittleMissSparkles
15-05-2009, 06:50 PM
There is also that one that little miss sparkles found but we will have to wait for her to come along

I think it was net mums , not sure but i wouldnt recomment it to be honest unless you want a biast view on things

we can maybe help, if you would like to share,we all hae different views onthings and would not be biast toward the childminder if we though there was an issue or problem, we do not close ranks but respect each other views and opinions and that why this forum is so successfull, we respect each other

if we could help im sure we all would if you want to share anything or ask about something

The Juggler
09-06-2009, 12:58 PM
this feels strange to me its like there is an us and them??

i know we need to talk when in difficult situations with parents and im sure parents want to have a place to go when feel they have situations with us cm's but its a shame that im feeling a bit well,,, us and them???

It's great we can answer questions for parents on here but maybe should be on a separate section. I know but as a parent I wouldn't want to read some of the posts on here which is us venting our anger after a bad day, if you know what I mean. We need to do that but sometimes I think it woudn't be beneficiall for parents to see all of them.

mum2two
09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
There is the full members area, which is restricted access, & you have to reach certain criteria, where you can post privately.

I'd like to think we could chat to any parents that come on here wanting advice.

xx