PDA

View Full Version : Feel dreadful!!!

clare123
14-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Just had my inspection (my first) children were a nightmare, she was asking alsorts of stuff, and I just couldn't think. Got goods and satisfactories. Just really stupid things got picked up, forgot seperate towel to dry hands. Could kick my self. Also couldn't find my lost child policy, where the hell has that gone, could see for looking but have found it now! Just feel a bit pi**ed off, thought I had worked really hard but obviously not.:(

Blaze
14-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Nothing to feel dreadful about...you got satisfactories & goods that means your doing everything right!:clapping:

Daftbat
14-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Nothing to feel dreadful about...you got satisfactories & goods that means your doing everything right!:clapping:

Well said! Time for a glass of vino i think.:clapping:

Pipsqueak
14-05-2009, 02:55 PM

Absolutely - you are meeting requirements and you done your best under pressure. Be proud of yourself hun:clapping:

Daddy Day Care
14-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I'd be happy with what you got on my first grading inspection, dont be so hard on yourself, well done :clapping:

Gareth
xx

huggableshelly
14-05-2009, 03:10 PM
its hard under pressure

you have done well so stop kicking yourself ... self harming hurts and I'm sure you do not want the children to see how clever you are by getting your foot to your bottum hmm?

anyways well done you got through it and its now over for a couple of years xxxx

clare123
14-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the support still feel deflated.

Alibali
14-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Don't feel deflated, celebrate your acheivement, well done

Buzz Lightyear
14-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Dont feel dreadful, good and satisfactories are great for a first grading! I would be happy with those for my first inspection. At least it's over and done with for a while now. Relax and as the others have rightfully suggested, crack open the wine :thumbsup:

LisaH
14-05-2009, 06:37 PM
there is nothing wrong with being 'satisfactory'!! (It's a very poor choice of word) You are meeting the standards and if your children and parents are happy then thats all that matters:)

A lot of people fall apart when ofsted turn up, me included.

You've done great, be proud and pour yourself a large drink:clapping: :clapping:

misst104
14-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I'd be happy with what you got on my first grading inspection, dont be so hard on yourself, well done :clapping:

Gareth
xx

Me too. Try not to be so dissapointed (easier said than done I know, when you have put in alot of time and effort). Hope the report reads really well and you may feel better about it :)

At least its over with for a while and you don't have to worry every time the phone rings :thumbsup:

xxx

emler
14-05-2009, 07:54 PM
You shouldn't feel deflated - you are doing everything right, well done :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
14-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Well done you:clapping:

It's over now, it won't make any difference to your daily working life, enjoy a more stress free time and relax.

Demonjill
14-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Well done you should be chuffed to bits with this. I know i would be.:thumbsup:

michellethegooner
14-05-2009, 08:26 PM
put it down to experience, and dust yourself down and keep doing the wonderful job you are obviously doing, it is a good result shows you are meeting the standards well done you should be proud of your result :thumbsup:

estrelas
14-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Don't feel down,if i get satisfactory on my inspection i'll be that happy i'llbounce of the walls :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Satisfactory is FAB well done,with all the EYFS stuff you've done great xxxxxxx

childmind04
15-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Hope your feeling better today, i know its hard when you want to try your best and it does not come out the way you expect but your grade is fab, you are doing what you should be :)

Try not to let it get too you and celebrate your success :clapping:

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 09:20 AM
there is nothing wrong with being 'satisfactory'!! (It's a very poor choice of word) You are meeting the standards and if your children and parents are happy then thats all that matters:)

A lot of people fall apart when ofsted turn up, me included.

You've done great, be proud and pour yourself a large drink:clapping: :clapping:

I agree, if your doing your job as expected it should be good - satisfactory sounds so rubbish but if you read the meaning that isn't what Ofsted mean. IMO should be good, strong, then outstanding but who am I to argue!

Well done anyway - that's fantastic. Some inspectors will only give an overall satisfactory for first inspection.

Plus some of the first timers getting outstanding for first inspection only work maybe 2 days/week or only have 1 child. Before anyone linches me - fantastically well done to all the new childminders who have 3 under 5-s 5 days per week - you are amazing. However, timewise, it is much easier to devise systems, prepare for inspections and keep on top of paperwork when you have a day or so free each week or less children's records to keep updated.

Don't be hard on yourself. You got a 'good' overall, I've been doing it 5 years and I got a 'good' too. Just think what you might be doing in 5 years.

LOL

georgie456
16-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I agree, if your doing your job as expected it should be good - satisfactory sounds so rubbish but if you read the meaning that isn't what Ofsted mean. IMO should be good, strong, then outstanding but who am I to argue?

I agree - they sound so much better that what it is currently!

helenlc
16-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree - they sound so much better that what it is currently!

I agree - there is such a jump from good to Oustanding.

Well done on getting through your first inspection - as everyone else has said, it means you are doing things right.

miffy
16-05-2009, 08:54 PM
It's really hard to think sometimes when you're under pressure but if you got good and satisfactory then you did very well

Hope you're feeling better now - congratulations :clapping:

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
16-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Well Done :clapping: :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
16-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Don't feel bad - this is a great result and getting goods in there too is a positive.

Use the small hiccups as learning curves - file the policies together, always use towels etc...

Gradings are given differently by every sector of Ofsted and it all depends on where you live and who you get. I have been minding for 15 years and I got my first Outstandings this year.

I read all the outstandings on the forum and take the advice offered but I don't want to do everything they do, record fridge temps, record baby checking etc... I do all this but just don't write it down. If I don't get an outstanding it isn't the end of the world and for those who do put that extra bit in they deserve theirs.

What I am trying to say in a roundabout way and not very well, is do things your way and don't stress.

Who looks at the reports anyway!

Roseolivia
17-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Well done, satisfactory's are ok, like others have said you are meeting the requirements needed which is the important thing.

jibberjitz
17-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hope you're feeling a bit better now :) Sounds like you did great :thumbsup:

clare123
19-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi sorry been so busy to reply, I take on board what everyone has said and thankyou so much. I do have 3 early years 2 full time and 1 part time. I do put in alot of hours after los have gone home and i need to think sensibly about what I have achieved in the last 6mnths. Now i suppose its time to do my TAX RETURN what joys we have!!:) Thanks agai everyone.