PDA

View Full Version : Feel worried, stressed

Zoomie
13-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I dont know if this is normal, but I seem to have developed serious doubts about my ability to be a good childminder.

I formally met my first enquiry today. Mom, dad, 4y boy and 2y girl all came for a visit this morning. I have informally chatted with mum or dad in the past, and but today everyone came.

Things seem to go well ... children enjoyed being here, and the boy didn't want to leave. Parents don't seem to have many options but haven't said outright that they want me. We left things that she would call me once she had looked at dad's work schedule, and is suppose to call me, so that she can bring children again next week. I know this is all part of the settling in etc, but it seems they are still deciding (as I suppose you do, even after you sign contracts cos you are always assessing the situation).

I do see them coming back for a visit as being positive (but it isn't definite yet), so it is like being on tenterhooks.

I know I am pre-reg still, just waiting for CRB cert to arrive (13 days on still hasn't come), and then perhaps another week for Ofsted to sign off and send cert, so perhaps that is reason for their hestiation. Mum has to start her job 1 June, and that isn't too many moons away.

Also, I have three children myself, 10, 7 and 1.5 so I am under no illusion that this is going to be very hard work. I am also not the perfect parent (I feel I have been on show for months) and this mum and dad just seemed perfect ... calm talking etc etc. My children (esp middle) can really play up and we are having behavioural issues with him, which I just know are going to rub off onto their little boy.

My car also isn't big enough to fit everyone, so that is going to limit us a bit during the holidays, but I suppose public transport trips will be exciting too.

Oh, and I am never going to be able to keep my house as clean as it was this morning (bless DH he worked for hours on it last night).

I dunno, I am just so worried, and DH is changing jobs, working further away, so I am going to be having to get DS1 to school too, and I will need to pack in / drastically reduce my evening job when I start minding too (was always the plan), but I am worried cos then all my eggs are in one basket and what happens if family pull out.

Sorry I am just so stressed, I don't even know if I have made sense ????

Blaze
13-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Don't worry ...what you've described is all normal!:)

Daftbat
14-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Don't worry ...what you've described is all normal!:)

I agree. Of course the fact that you haven't got your cert yet may be an issue and the parent may be concerned that it won't come in time but that is understandable.

As for the rest of what you say - its exactly the same for us who have been doing it for years.

I am sure that with all your experience with your own kids that you are more than capabable. Good Luck with everything:thumbsup:

angeldelight
14-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Oh we all feel like this from time to time even us more experienced ones

You will gain in confidence in time and it wont seem like an ordeal - meeting parents and keeping the house tidy will be normal to you

Fingers crossed that they get back to you but if not it will be nothing you have done

Good luck

Angel xx

Demonjill
14-05-2009, 07:38 AM
You sound alot like me :blush:
I worry about everything.....all the time!

Good luck and hope the parents choose you but if they dont there will be someone else who will.:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
14-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Its sounds like you have a lot going on all at one time and thats enough to mess with anyones head.

The car problem - yep you are right walking and public transport are lots of fun. ACtually I have stopped using the car so much and started using the train loads - the kids LOVE it.

Yep - its gonna be hard work but lots of fun and so rewarding at the same time

Doubting yourself - as already said we all go through this from time to time - eventually it will all drop into place and you will look back and wonder!!! You will be fine - its just a few jitters. Hugs to you sweetie

Bushpig
14-05-2009, 08:37 AM
You have legitimate concerns... but try not to worry about them too much... things always work out in the end :)

As mentioned it's probably that you don't have your certificate yet... get on the phone with OFFIE and tell the you have kids wanting to start in 2 weeks and you need your certificate!

Miriam
14-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Funny but you have descirbed alot of what I am also feeling!! I had a lovely mum come on monday with her two children - a lo of 10 months and a two nearly three year old girl. I guess I thought she would say then that she definitley wanted me as their childminder but she didnt and now I am wondering if it is just that she didnt like me, or thought that I wouldnt be able to cope or something - even though I nanny for four children!!!

Good luck - I hope the family decide to go for you! I reckon cos we are new to this it is just a bit hard to remember that we are good at what we do.

Zoomie
14-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, it is a worrying time. I suppose all our own insecurities come out, but I can manage three children, so what is two more ? I am kidding myself, of course.

Suppose I should try and concentrate my energies on getting my reg thru.

Was able to get CRB to send my CRB for reprinting cos it still hasm't arrived after 14 days. I really hope it would have arrived in todays post but it didn't. CRB say I should expect it from end of next week :rolleyes:

And then Ofsted will no doubt be about another week. I can't really be chasing them till they get my CRB.

estrelas
14-05-2009, 01:14 PM
i feel like that even now, don't worry you'll befine!
Don't worry about a tidy house either, mine is trashed!!:laughing: :laughing:

The family will want to go with you! They wouldn't have come back if they didn't like you x
if your crb's aren't back in time, there will be more parents out there that want you, honestly

Chill a bit and don't worry. We all feel like this :)

Bitsy Beans
14-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I feel like this and I don't even have any mindees yet :eek:
Sometimes I worry that it's all going to be a big mistake and that I am going to be totally useless at it :o

Zoomie
14-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the words of encouragement.

Its nice to know there are lots of us in this boat.

Good luck for everyone who has / is having visits this week :)

Tatjana
14-05-2009, 03:53 PM
My goodness, you are finding alot to worry about...just like i do, mostly things that haven't even happened.

Just remember there is no such thing as the perfect parent!!

xx