PDA

View Full Version : Keeping up to date with paperwork !!!!!

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Can anyone give me any tips on keeping up with paperwork as I have to be honest I find it ny on impossible to find the time?

Prob just me being unorganised but I really do struggle.

Angela xx:blush:

berkschick
11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Im fairly newly registered but I seem to have got into a routine of filling all the weekly paperwork in on a Saturday morning while Hubby is out doing the football with the boys.

Banana
11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
as long as you are doing your attendance register daily the rest can be caught up with at weekends and evenings... oh yes, the fun never stops!!

Oh and obviously medication and accident forms need to be done then and there. But all other stuff you can catch up with in your free time - am I selling it to you :D

x

Sarsar3NCH
11-02-2008, 08:41 PM
No advice, sorry, I am absolutely rubbish at this and feel like I am drowning in paperwork most of the time! Don't worry though I am THE most disorganised person I know and evryone else on here will be able to give you loads of good advice (which I will try to absorb too!)

Well, go on then girls....................!!

Sarah

bubbly
11-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I find it works quite well not to eat, sleep or have a life :D

Seriously, I'm finding it difficult too. If I didn't laugh I'd be in the asylum by now. I shall probably implode soon.

deeb66
11-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Keep as much up to date as you go along as you can.....definately things like attendance, medication forms, accidents, daily risk assessments (if you do them), observations etc etc.

I work Monday - Thursday and spend most Fridays catching up with the weeks paperwork!

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 08:46 PM
lol yeah I do the register and acci and inc sheets religiously. Hub works shift so my Sats are usually taken up taking my daughter to gym and running his Nan about. Did try getting my Mum to take daughter to gym but my lil one got upset, she only 6 and think she felt a bit pushed aside.
My sons play footy on a Sunday and you can gaurentee that when one has a home fixture the other has an away one....nightmare!
Think I just need to get myself organised. When I went to an NCMA regional before Xmas one lady was saying that she documents everything with photo's which sounded like a great idea untill I seemed to be spending 100's every month on getting them printed!

Dunno think I may just be having an off week, thank goodness I found this site...lol it is this best thing I have found since becoming a minder

xxx:clapping:

manjay
11-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I put things on a "to do" pile. Unfortunately I never have time to get to the bottom. I get sidetracked really easily, usually on here!!

amanda xx

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 08:49 PM
lol....Sarsar3nch & bubbly, thank god it not just me!!! Thanks xx

deeb66
11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
When I went to an NCMA regional before Xmas one lady was saying that she documents everything with photo's which sounded like a great idea untill I seemed to be spending 100's every month on getting them printed!

xxx:clapping:

Yes photo's can be a good way of having evidence etc and cutting your paperwork down a little......but as you say the cost of printing would be huge!

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
manjay...yeah was just thinking I should really log off and do paperwork rather than chatting but hey....lol

deeb66
11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I put things on a "to do" pile. Unfortunately I never have time to get to the bottom. I get sidetracked really easily, usually on here!!

amanda xx

Since my inspection 10 days ago I have been on here non stop :rolleyes: ....really must get some paperwork done :D

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 08:52 PM
deeb66...

as with in my previous career I am sure there is someone in an office somewhere who has never done the job trying to think up yet another form or some kind of paperwork and having a good ol laugh at us!!

deeb66
11-02-2008, 08:54 PM
deeb66...

as with in my previous career I am sure there is someone in an office somewhere who has never done the job trying to think up yet another form or some kind of paperwork and having a good ol laugh at us!!

Definately :laughing:

I have said for years that I am sure that they make these things up just to make our lives harder!!! :D

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Whilst here can I just ask a quicky? My money goes into an account in both mine and my husbands names is this ok as I was told by another minder that it wasn't????

Angela xx

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Whilst here can I just ask a quicky? My money goes into an account in both mine and my husbands names is this ok as I was told by another minder that it wasn't????

Angela xx

To be honet i am not sure about that one.

I have only ever had my money going into my sole named account so never really looked into it.

Hopefully someone on here has and knows the answer.

why don't you pose the question under it's own thread and you might get some helpful reply's

Sorry I couldn't help

littlesprogs
11-02-2008, 09:02 PM
I was told it doesnt matter what account it goes into aslong as you know your income and outgoings for your tax. so aslong as you know where you are with it all then it doesnt matter.

Mine wil be paid into a joint account with my hubby too

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I was told it doesnt matter what account it goes into aslong as you know your income and outgoings for your tax. so aslong as you know where you are with it all then it doesnt matter.

Mine wil be paid into a joint account with my hubby too

Thanks for that.

Just goes to show that you can teach an old dog new tricks :D :D

RainbowMum
11-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I should think as long as you have an accurate account of what you both earn there should be no problem, If you were paid in cash it might never see the bank!

As for the to do pile - I think I need to risk assess m ine as it is becoming a serious hazard!

http://bestsmileys.com/writer/2.gif

Not to mention the fact I only turned the laptop on to type up somrthing for my NVQ!

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
As for the to do pile - I think I need to risk assess m ine as it is becoming a serious hazard!

http://bestsmileys.com/writer/2.gif

Not to mention the fact I only turned the laptop on to type up somrthing for my NVQ!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How are you Sharon?

I haven't seen/spoken to you in a while!

ruby
11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
i am the same paper work every where i try to make a list of things i need to do and then tick them off as i do them
but some how the list never seems to get any shorter

mind you finding this site hasn't helped seem to spend time on here when i should be doing my paper work
but hey this is much better

the way i look at it is it will all get done one day just don't know which day

cathy and rachel

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:41 PM
i am the same paper work every where i try to make a list of things i need to do and then tick them off as i do them

mind you finding this site hasn't helped seem to spend time on here when i should be doing my paper work

cathy and rachel

This made me laugh...especially the last line :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 09:41 PM

cathy and rachel

lol I totally agree!!

RainbowMum
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi Dee, Im fine, just had a fab weekend in london with a girlfriend -show dinner etc so am nice and relaxed, even though I have far too much paperwork and college stuff to do (haven't yet typed a single word on the paper I switched on to do tonight) Have a mum coming in the morning to see about childcare that might fill my last space I have, so I aught to be having a tidy round (had a full day today so plenty mess made!)

Still like you say I've not been on much lately and it would be very rude of me to ignore my friends now I am here!!

Congratulations again on your grade - I nearly gave my self a serious breakdown getting good so I know how hard you must have worked!

deeb66
11-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks Sharon

Thanks very much

I am glad that you had a fab weekend

Try not to get too bogged down with all that paperwork!

You take care and I will speak to you soon

sarah707
11-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi Sharon! Good to see you... hope you are well! :D

Paperwork... I have files for everything... I put what I need into the relevant file and every day I do a little bit and whittle it down. I never quite get to the end but I make sure nothing really big is outstanding...

And every single day, without fail, before I go to bed, I do my diary - for those who don't know, I had a malicious complaint made against me last year and I could not prove easily where I had been 7 months previous to the complaint on a certain day at a certain time. I got there eventually, but it was a very traumatic time and I ended up appealing.

Now, I diary everything - I will never allow myself to be in that position again. :panic:

LittleMissSparkles
12-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Can anyone give me any tips on keeping up with paperwork as I have to be honest I find it ny on impossible to find the time?

Prob just me being unorganised but I really do struggle.

Angela xx:blush:

no sorry Angela as I am hopeless and need to sort myself out and soon !!! :D